Lost Items - National Search Service

MDF Youtube MDF Facebook

Newbie day 3 and final observations.....

Please only post topics that un-related to any other metal detecting forum here.

Newbie day 3 and final observations.....

Postby snowdrops » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Did our second full day out yesterday, 6 hours again. This time on an organised club dig, on farmland. Newbie obs can't go on forever, so here are my final ones ......

* Never realised we could be up, at venue and ready to go, before 8 on a Sunday morning, without a hangover ! :-O It's becoming an obsession !!! 98;
* There were actually 50 other people happy to be up, at venue and ready to go, on a Sunday morning, without a hangover !!!!
* Other detectorists are actually normal, funny, friendly people, just like us !! Not a nerd in sight !
* A detectorist's idea of planning lunchbreak is .... 'just a few more swings', 'just another few more swings',I'll just finish this corner, omg it's half past 2 !!!
* It was like our old army days on exercise.. covered in mud, knackered and starving
* Our plugs are now perfect, we are like OCD moles
* Finding a hoard may never happen, but we're loving our little finds already
* Next purchase will be the wireless kit and headphones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Always listen very very carefully for approaching drone cameras before you begin your wee in a hedge !! ........ however, isolated you think you are ! x;

So thank you for all your help folks. Now feel like real detectorists instead of 'chancers' and can't wait for the next one.
You can't buy happiness........ but you can dig trying !! 98;

Garret AT Pro Garret AT Pro-pointer
Evolution pro cut spade Evolution extreme digger Evolution Type R Scoop
snowdrops

Re: Newbie day 3 and final observations.....

Postby Mega B » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Love your sense of humour,its what detecting is all about 'enjoying' this great pastime of ours,look forward to your day 4 adventure ::g
Deus and Nexus MP only 2 machines i really use these days.

Also use some site specific machines TDI Pro c/w 20'' Mono,Nexus SE dual 9'' coil,Fisher TW-5 twin box.
Mega B

Postby Taslehoff » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Ha Ha

Always listen very very carefully for approaching drone cameras before you begin your wee in a hedge !! ........ however, isolated you think you are ! x;

That made me laugh :D

A detectorist's idea of planning lunchbreak is .... 'just a few more swings', 'just another few more swings',I'll just finish this corner, omg it's half past 2 !!!
* It was like our old army days on exercise.. covered in mud, knackered and starving

That is so true.

Great post mate 07
Garrett 400i
Best find > Home after 15 pints of Guinness. x;
Taslehoff

Postby liamnolan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 am

Very enjoyable to read and well done on all that you are doing, I suppose enthusiasm is the common bond between us all, makes everything happen, thanks for sharing your views and feelings, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary European Council for Metal Detecting
liamnolan

Return to News & General Chat