Lost Items - National Search Service

MDF Youtube MDF Facebook

A few more George V silvers

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.

A few more George V silvers

Postby Stillburning » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Had a free day today and after after yesterdays storm and with a low tide just before 11am I decided to return to the beach where I found the 2 George V halfcrowns a couple of weeks ago.

The beach was sanded up and levelled rather than ripped apart as I had hoped but there were a couple of cuts which produced most of the coins in the picture. This time I had a George V florin, shilling and sixpence (knackered as usual!) as well as the other pre decimal and decimals, I dont mind digging the 1p and 2p coins as they are a good indicator of where the other coins are.

Thanks for looking ::g

XP Deus, 9" coil, Garys hot

IMG_1480 (550x438).jpg

IMG_1483 (550x250).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stillburning

Re: A few more George V silvers

Postby littleboot » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:07 pm

I don't do the beach anymore since I got the GMP. I will try and see what I can do with the sensitivity turned right down. I love coinshooting. Its terrific fun to dig the sand and get coins. Playing in the sand for grown-ups. ;))

Those solid old coins last a lot better than modern ones in these conditions don't they? After 6 months a Euro is Euro-trash. The old francs fair a lot better than them even after many years they are still recognisable.

I have mixed feelings about the florin/ 2 bob bit. I used to have a half-crown pocket money. Then they got rid of it and I ended up with a florin instead!! Mean things could have made it 50p. I don't think I ever quite forgave my parents for that. :))
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.
littleboot

Re: A few more George V silvers

Postby FUBAR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Well dug. Thanks for posting. ::g
FUBAR

Return to Metal Detecting Beach - Rivers - Water