Lost Items - National Search Service

MDF Youtube MDF Facebook Metal Detecting Top Sites

X-Terra 705 or Safari ? Has anyone used both ?

Only topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, Please remember that off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Metal Detectors

X-Terra 705 or Safari ? Has anyone used both ?

Postby Dan1890 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi all.
On the verge of buying a new detector so doing a bit of research on different makes.Can anyone please tell me the main difference between these two machines and if in your opinion the safari is worth the extra?

Also I noticed that they have both been around for a while, does that mean that they may be behind other newer machines as far as technology is concerned?

Thanks

Dan
Dan1890

Re: X-Terra 705 or Safari ? Has anyone used both ?

Postby Rob.p » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:18 am

Hi I have a xterra 705 my first detector. Finding it very easy to use and set up. Read the instructions as they are very clear. Happy that when it says there's something under the coil there will be. Even if it's very small fragments.

Not used A Safari so can't make a comparison.

The way I view it if a product is good and works well .why update it? I wouldn't be put off by how long a detector has been manufactured.
Read the instructions for both machines online perhaps.

The safari probably is the better machine but only you can decide what you require.
Minelab Xterra 705
1943 George Half penny.
1953 Silver sixpence
Rob.p

Postby MarkSussex » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:09 pm

I had a 705 and my mate still has a safari and there is definitely a lot more to the safari, he was finding things after I'd been through areas with the 705.

This all changed when I upgraded to an etrac, one particular day he found an coin spill and thought he'd found them all and walked away, I went over it with the etrac and found another 5 coins his safari didn't pick up.

My advise would be, save up a bit more and get an etrac. ::g

Dan1890 wrote:Hi all.
On the verge of buying a new detector so doing a bit of research on different makes.Can anyone please tell me the main difference between these two machines and if in your opinion the safari is worth the extra?

Also I noticed that they have both been around for a while, does that mean that they may be behind other newer machines as far as technology is concerned?

Thanks

Dan
MarkSussex

Postby Dan1890 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks for the advice !

Etrac has been recommended by quite a few people, seems like an amazing machine, bit out of my price range but I would like this to be my final upgrade.
Have gone for a racer 2 as a mid priced inbetweener hopefully upgrade again next year.
Dan1890

Return to Minelab Metal Detectors Forum