Lost Items - National Search Service

MDF Youtube MDF Facebook Metal Detecting Top Sites

Opinions on AT Pro....

Only topics related to the Garrett AT Pro metal detector here.

Opinions on AT Pro....

Postby jbarry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am

Hay there, I'm thinking about getting a Garrett AT PRO. Can I get some feedback, positive or negative from you guys that have them and are familiar with them. Currently I have a Minelab E-Trac and its a great machine but i'm looking for something that's waterproof in shallow water. Thanx Joe B. ::g ;;z
jbarry

Re: Opinions on AT Pro....

Postby eddieh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi the AT PRO is a great machine in my opinion, I use mine on land and in water on the beaches etc , a very good all rounder, it takes a little bit of time to learn but well worth learning, there are pros and cons with any detector my one very small problem was with the headphone cables being to short, (I've now gone wireless so not a prob anymore) If this machine ever broke I would buy another AT PRO , if I was to get a back up detector I would get a AT PRO. I bought mine from Regtons the back up service there is 2nd to none. As you can probably guesse I'm a big fan of this detector , it will be interesting to hear other people's views.
eddieh

Postby Boandtia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:11 pm

[quote="jbarry"]Hay there, I'm thinking about getting a Garrett AT PRO. Can I get some feedback, positive or negative from you guys that have them and are familiar with them. Currently I have a Minelab E-Trac and its a great machine but i'm looking for something that's waterproof in shallow water. Thanx Joe B. ::g ;;z[/quote
The AT Pro is a great machine, I use mine on wet and dry sand, and have used it in the sea also.
As with many machines, the one thing that lets it down in my opinion are the headphones, thin cable and quite dull in sound.
I bought the headphone adaptor cable and some Chefphones CP2s, this made a big difference and my finds rate went up even more.
A super all round machine, highly recommended.
HH
Minelab Excalibur 11
Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Sea Hunter MK 2
Garrett Propointer.
Makro Waterproof Pointer.
Flask of coffee / brandy
Plenty of fags
A lot of patience
Boandtia

Postby usarfireman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Great detector only reason I upgraded to Deus was had a shoulder problem so wanted a lighter detector and also hated corded headphones , Shoulder now better and have Deteknix Wireless headphones to fit the Garrett AT Pro from MDF auction site which work a treat, Its a nice easy machine to learn and great that its fully waterproof, I'm a bit OCD about dirty equipment all my detectors and bits get stripped down and cleaned after every dig n; so the AT Pro is a doddle.
XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro International, Xpointer, Makro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer, Minelab Sand Scoop, Deteknix Rechargeable LI Wireless Headphones for Garrett AT Pro
usarfireman

Postby Tankerd » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi I got one Monday and its a cracking machine, been out a couple of times to get use to it, love it that much just bought the nel tornado coil for it. Cant wait to get out with it.
Tankerd

Postby The Ferret » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 pm

The AT-pro is a great all round machine simple to use and will find. It's an all terrain machine and works well on Land, sea and the beaches.. I've made some great finds over the 5 years of using mine. ::g
TF OooO
The Ferret

Return to Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector Forum