OMG.. How Embarrassing this s to the Detecting Community

Please only post topics that un-related to any other metal detecting forum here.
Fisher1266X

OMG.. How Embarrassing this s to the Detecting Community

Post by Fisher1266X » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 pm

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Detec ... 08c5f85-ds

The dumb, numb, empty-headed scum, how stupid and idiotic to turn up at a well known site with a metal-detector. Says it all......

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

littleboot

Re: OMG.. How Embarrassing this s to the Detecting Community

Post by littleboot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 pm

I doubt if they are part of the Detecting Community. Anymore than poachers who nick trout and salmon are part of the angling community.
They are more likely to be part of the ASBO Community and therefore an embarrassment to the entire Human Race.
In fact I bloody well refuse to acknowledge them as part of the same species let alone associated with anything we do whatsoever.
I think it is best we don't fall into the trap of feeling ashamed of them. That in some way acknowledges them as members of our 'community' when nobody on here condones such behaviour and we make it crystal clear that we don't.
Personally I also feel that the gene pool could well do with a bit of a weeding out. We don't want these specimens breeding.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Could easily been out detecting nearby and popped over for a noisy at what going on.

Lets hope so.

I wouldn't necessary believe what's in the newspapers nowerdays

f8met

Post by f8met » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:25 pm

If you have to force your way through a fence they were not just having a look. Besides they still would not have had permission to be there.

More than likely opportunists, people who have a detector in the loft or true nighthawks. As to the antis who say we should out them, they are not likely to be in a club or advertise the fact they detect illegally, just as the bloke you drink with in the pub is not going to boast he is a burglar.
Dave

Deus

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:03 pm

I think that all may not be what it seems ... with detectorists being made to be unwitting scape goats... so a random bloke got through the fence ... was he carrying a detector, if not ... its got nowt to do with us. And then the reports of so called detectorists being spotted ... were the police called, could they have been their legitimately as part of the Archi community? And the site being back filled, I would say this is normal practice. Maybe they want to do security on the cheap, by pointing a big fat finger at us!!!? Just a thought.....

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Its not well written. You can read it several ways.

More than likely some pre-emptied PR to avoid nighthawking which can't be a bad thing.

Return to “News & General Chat”