Quattro for beach work?

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Quattro metal detector within this forum.
Dissbloke

Quattro for beach work?

Post by Dissbloke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Having narrowed it down to a Sovereign gt or Safari for mainly beach work,a friend has a Quattro for sale,its the nuts on the beach(his words....but he is selling!!) Its a Minelab so it will be good,but will i be pleased?any views will be appreciated thanks
Last edited by Dissbloke on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pelanj

Re: Quattro for beach work?

Post by pelanj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 am

Hello, Quattro worked really well on the beaches of Baltic sea. It is deep in the wet sand and I have found a few silver pieces including very small stud type ear rings. The stock coil is not the best one (it is just OK) - I used a 15x12 SEF for coverage and depth on coins. Quattro is just a little slower on visual ID and you must sweep a slower than a Tesoro for example.

It has a very nice feature - in the ferrous audio (or was it conductive? you must try out), a bottle cap gives ID of around 15-16 but a high pitched sound. The Danish CuNi coins show about the same numbers, but a medium pitched tone. This kind of bottle cap detection has not ever failed on me. Everytime I identified a bottle cap, it was a bottle cap (I dig them anyway). On the other hand, I dug very little bottle caps without knowing in advance.

If you get a good deal on Quattro, go for it (and on a beach, dig everything down to -3). I sold mine as I needed a PI unit for the beach I hunt as I have cleaned it quite well from anything (including iron) and I need to get even deeper.

STIG

Post by STIG » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 am

I use a Quattro and it's great on wet beach and land, go for it . . ::g
Dirige Deus Gressus Meos. ' May the Lord Direct my Steps '

Etrac and Tons of Gear

Gold = 1
Silver = 14
Hammered = 1
Bronze = 1 Ring
Copper = 132 Coins
Musket Balls = 53
Bag Seals = 23
Artefacts = 7
Jetons = 1

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 pm

hi had a quattro excellent on the beach and also doubles as a good inland detector as well only changed mine for an etrac otherwise i would still have it .good machines
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

abbey1

Post by abbey1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 pm

I have 2 quattros and they both work fine on the dry and wet sand...founds lots of silver coins and couple of gold rings of b'pool beach...
http://www.prestonmdg.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
total spendables £67.40
Counter 2014
old pennies 35 silver coins 11 gold coins/ rings 0 silver rings 2 hammered/roman coins 0

Return to “Minelab Quattro Forum”