gave bispham beach an hour with the quattro

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Quattro metal detector within this forum.
jimbotrucker

gave bispham beach an hour with the quattro

Post by jimbotrucker » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:24 pm

My wife asked me if I felt like taking the dogs to the beach this afternoon,,,, The net was on for the tide time ( 4.20 ) so out came the quattro,, spade,, and big coat :D its about an hour and half run so got their about 4 ish, within minutes I had my first signal, a big fishing weight a good 12 inch down. I was impressed ::g it was only minutes later another signal about 5 inches down what looks like a brass dustcap off a tyre. Then another at about 5 inches what looks like the back end of a small bullet. What impressed me the most was how sensitive it was and no falsing, the last time I visited this beach I had the cs4 pi and it was going mad over all the junk :( boy am I chuffed with the quattro shame it was going dark and started to rain. The dogs fell to sleep all the way home ::g

Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Mega B

Re: gave bispham beach an hour with the quattro

Post by Mega B » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm

The Quattro is a good machine for the beach due to it being a multi freq machine and also as you have mentioned the added bonus of having discrimination,glad you enjoyed yourself ::g

stevieB

Post by stevieB » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Nice one jimbo. A bit late in the day to decide to go mate but if detecting is at the end of it who gives a.............Always good to get out, bet the dogs enjoyed it.

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Its a shame we have to travel so far to any beach, we can set off in stoke with sunshine and by the time we get to a beach it could be raining, we wer lucky today even though it was windy it was nice to hit the beach and see if the quattro could handle it as well as it handles land, I got the feeling if I had more time I would find some goodies. Its the first time the wife has seen Blackpool illuminations so that was an added bonus ::g
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Return to “Minelab Quattro Forum”