Pro swing harness

Only for the discussion of all other Minelab models of metal detectors that do not have there own forum.
Junior

Pro swing harness

Post by Junior » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 am

I saw a pro-tector branded harness on a rally I believe ???. Is this a minelab pro swing but made by pro-tector ? The owner had a bit of a belly on him and his Mrs had to adapt the straps and he reckons u couldn't wear it over a coat. I might be talking about another cheaper copy of the minelab one which could b fine.I have a easy swing 2 and it does tend to pull on your neck so was thinking of getting the minelab item. There's no local shops in Norfolk to actually try one out Any ideas would be good please
Last edited by Junior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior

Re: Pro swing harness

Post by Junior » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am

Staff detectors do a pro-tecror harness £39. So that's woz what he prob had. Will have to look into minelab item. Hopefully has more adjustment on it. Or as my mate says buy cheap buy twice

simon brown

Post by simon brown » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi I use the Minelab pro swing with the CTX and works fine can swing it all day with the 17" coil brought It secondhand from a guy said it was to small for him ,I'm 6ft 2" and median build and it fits me ok but if I eat to many pies there would not be any more adjustment on the waist , if you are on the large Side I would try one on before buying

Junior

Post by Junior » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Cheers Simon. I'm of similar size to you. On a rally Sunday will try and find someone to road test one. Thanks.

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi made myself one with a modded S and F technical harness from LOWEPRO i believe i can't put link here so you have to look for yourself,i bought the 2 parts harness from the bay used but i did get a bargain and cost me around 55 quiz

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few

salford44

Post by salford44 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Just seen your question and thought I would mention that if you go on Youtube type in metal detector Bungee harness there are a number of different types on show and you can even make your own with a dog lead! Well worth a look, I have a Minelab Musketeer and have made my own from ideas I have seen on the net.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm

I use either the full harness from Staffs Detectors or a GPX full harness when swinging the TDI Pro with the 20'' Mono coil on also have used wit a full harness a 'hipstick' which transfers the not only the shoulders but also direct down onto the hip hence the name.

For lighter detector/coil combinations i then just use over the shoulder lightweight strap.
:(

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 pm

To make a practical, reliable, full harness, it costs nought but a little ingenuity, an hour of your time and a couple of luggage straps from the 'pound'/charity shop to produce one.

Why spend hard earned cash when you can quickly produce a virtually cost free 'made to measure' example? ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

salford44

Post by salford44 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:47 am

I got a 2metre dog lead from Ebay,delivered from China,total cost £2-59 with FREE postage and copied the Youtube video from an American fella and adapted it to fit my Minelab Musketeer Advantage,Job Done. ::g ::g

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Being new to Minelabs, I initially thought I didn't need a harness, but after a long day I was definitely proved wrong as the machine felt heavier and heavier as the day progressed.

I made a harness using the strap from an old fishing rod holdall, extended as necessary with a bit of guy rope, which does the job okay.

The Pro Swing 45 is on the Xmas list though, and I suspect/hope it'll be better than my bodged effort, but that'll just have to suffice in the meantime.

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Thank u everyone. A lot of food for thought ::g

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 pm

There is also the "Detecting Buddy" style of harness that loops around one shoulder and over the other. Not a full harness but makes waving the CTX & 17in coil for 8-10 hours a real doddle and keeps the machine out of the muck!
The "Detecting Buddy" can`t handle a GPX5000 which I use the full ML harness for as its also got the battery pack holder. ::g

Return to “Other Minelab Metal Detectors Forum”