"Lefty " finds 1st "Q"

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

"Lefty " finds 1st "Q"

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Put fresh batteries in the old Freedom 3 Plus today and noticed that I had lost yet another screw! This is the one that goes from underside of the shaft into the body of the machine. Guess I'll have to cannibalize one of my others to replace it.

Hit a local playing field knowing immediately this was going to be a trying day. My right arm was useless hurting every time I swung. Imagine part of it was from the fall a time ago whereas I feel on some rocks coming out of the water from a swish. That put me on med leave for 3 weeks. Or it could be just another body part falling apart!

Anyway did the dig left handed. Was weird to say the least with the Freedom 3 Plus sounding different. Anyway 15 over quota from the wrong side which by the end of the day...........was sore!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxgirl36

Re: "Lefty " finds 1st "Q"

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 pm

You sound like you are having a bad time body wise. But a good time on the detecting front ::g Please take it easy, avoid the lure of the soil for a few weeks and heal your body. Your lovely wife needs you after all :D
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

fred

Post by fred » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 am

Digging all those certainly isn't going to help a dodgy arm! Soon be time to retreat into the cabin for the winter and barricade the doors against rampaging polar bears. ::g

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 am

Another good dig.
One day I`ll get round to finding out how many coins you have listed on here because apart from hoards, you must have the most.
Take it easy ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

leslie(nova scotia)

yo Fred

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Indeed my wife does get like a bear during the winter....lol!
fred wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 am
Digging all those certainly isn't going to help a dodgy arm! Soon be time to retreat into the cabin for the winter and barricade the doors against rampaging polar bears. ::g

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 pm

You take care there Leslie, we know you love your detecting and we all look forward to seeing your finds and reading the great write ups but do not over do it.

About a month ago I tweaked a muscle in my right arm and for part of the one session tried detecting with the left arm and as Leslie says "Was weird to say the least", I found rather than naturally swinging the detector I had to really think about it.

Evan

leslie(nova scotia)

yo S

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Hear you me bouy. Speaking of hearing even the tones sound different from my Freedom on the left side.

Digging is life!

Lowland

Re: yo S

Post by Lowland » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:18 pm

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm
Hear you me bouy. Speaking of hearing even the tones sound different from my Freedom on the left side.

Digging is life!
Hiya
What a haul of coins.
What you need is a Jeeves to dig the holes.

Digging is life, I like that-
Being a nearly reformed bottle digger
Shovelling Twenty foot down
In an ash pit
Is where I like to be.

All the best
lang may yer lum reek wi sumboady elses coal

Return to “International Friends”