Digaholic's Lament 1884

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

Digaholic's Lament 1884

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Optional soundtrack

It was there! The urge to go digging. Hunny Bunny grabbed the car keys as my heart sank. Heard Nogo Sojo putter out of the driveway. The day got darker, I more morose.

Thought I would earn some brownie points by doing the wash and dishes so that Nogo, Freedom 3 Plus and I could do the dew.

Chores were completed as Marie arrived home with freshly painted nails and toenails, feet buffed and hair trimmed. Man she looked so good that I almost forgot about going out digging....that lasted about .....um .....3 seconds.

Like a flash she was on the phone making arrangements to go out with her sister as I boot scooted out the door with my "detecting pals."

Nogo purred as we headed for Dartmouth when we came across this. Only pray that no one was hurt.
25jzk3p[1].jpg
Shortly there after we came across a real life "bouy tree." in bloom.
2n9yng9[1].jpg
Anyway hit a few school yards then a ball field scoffing well over quota.

Needed to find a "Johnny on the Spot" so I headed into the woods to find one................um! Since I was there...being in the woods I meandered along a few of the side paths hitting a variety of goodies including an 1884 Vickie penny, a thing dewy which could be off a shoe and a good luck piece that said and I quote "Keep me and never go broke."
mnfqt[1].jpg
Well the only thing broke was me after all the bending and swinging. My last target of the day took a 5 ton crane to get me upright...no pun intended Navy Davy!

On the way home I stopped and brought a lotto ticket in the hope of the charm working it's magic.....fat chance as your odds of winning 1st prize on Lotto 649 is one in 14 million.

Take for the day was quota plus22 @ $8.72 added to the "whatever fund."
2urb90i[1].jpg
Taking tomorrow off from digging and packing. Of course that mainly consists of breaking down my sieve, Sea Hunter MK11 and Pro. The Peso Pirate of Puerto Plata is off to plunder once again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweepstick47

Re: Digaholic's Lament 1884

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Cheers Leslie, As ever, an entertaining detecting tale. May your good fortune, in all it's guises continue unabated. ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Twit

Re: Digaholic's Lament 1884

Post by Twit » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:43 am

:) .... could happily keep reading.

With that weather Punto Plata will seem like bliss I think.

Safe journey.

::g

Return to “International Friends”