The worm has turned

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

The worm has turned

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Darn hot and muggy. No other way to put it. Started out on a land dig just swinging for surface finds as the ground is so hard and didn't want to damage the grass.

Lord love a duck at two spots there were holes ......big holes the size of pie plates! As Harry Who the Hawaiian detective from the old "Get Smart' series would say.

"This leds to three possibilities . Possibility number one. Large meteors from space landed on the fields. Possibility number two. Rabbits or other animals dug the holes. Possibility number three. New detectorist does not know how to pinpoint or dig proper plug."

Um! Found a few coins on the surface along with some mobile manure makers byproduct which I flung over the fence and off the fields aided by my lesche tool.

Had a seniors moment when I thought about making creatures out of modeling clay, painting and using plaster of Paris as a young bouy. Now all I can think about is getting plastered in Paris...a cold brew would have cooled me off as cleaning up after a dog and fellow digger got my few remaining hairs on my head to stand upright!

Retreated to the water eyeballing a pair of sunglasses on the bottom along with a few coins .

The worm had turned.......exposing the hook....imagine that in the swimming area. Swish cut short as the life guards ordered everyone out of the water as thunder and lightening could be see approaching. $5.32 on the abbreviated hunt added to the "Back to the UK Fund."
IMG_0482.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweepstick47

Re: The worm has turned

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Well, I'll go to the top of our stairs! Not sure I fully understood that but what I do know is, I've never seen a 'jig rig' like that one, thought it was a plumber's copper pipe bender. ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Well the 'back-to-Blighty' fund seems to be ticking along Leslie. And I am glad you have no more reports of being pestered by delinquent youths. The sunglasses would have come in quite handy considering the unusual summer Northern Europe is 'enjoying'. However, by the time you get over I suspect they will not be necessary. Redouble your efforts and find an umbrella because after this prolonged dry spell it is guaranteed to p*** down for months on end.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:24 pm

..........and Amen to that littleboot ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Return to “International Friends”