disappointed I now march to my own brand

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

disappointed I now march to my own brand

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Wowzer what a rough ride! Was in conversation with Garrett as to replacement headphones for my AT Pro International. Well sir they (Beverly at Garrett) stated that Garrett had never produced a one pin plug for the Pro....um!

That is where this bouy whether it being dumb as a cod or that I speak Nova Scotian was lost in translation.
IMG_0308 (1).JPG
So after a tad I emailed her the above photos. Beverly responded almost immediately....no dust gathering there. Apparently one pin out (thanks to Canadian Treasure Seekers who were prompt and nonjudgemental in this pickle) and one female plug in the connection constitutes a two pin plug.....Lord love a duck! So the two pins on your coil connector is really a 4 pin. Needless to say my Hunny Bunny before all this started informed me that it was a two pin connector. Women....never wrong and won't go detecting.

As for the hat issue
IMG_0123.JPG
Garrett sent me a photo of three hats and the price. So much for over 45 years customer loyalty. Not too mention I own 7 of their machines.

Hope this post clarifies the issue for us Garrett swingers .

Today was a new day so now I march to my own brand...well at least 30 bottles of it!

IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fred

Re: disappointed I now march to my own brand

Post by fred » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm

I try and steer well clear of the technical sode of detecting for exactly the same reason! ::g Exactly what is the beverage?
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

chip

Re: disappointed I now march to my own brand

Post by chip » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 am

30 bottles x; now your posts are starting to make sense :D

I’m suprised you had so much trouble, have always heard great things about Garretts customer service. Also surprised the they did not throw you a free hat as you are a regular poster both here and on finds treasure and it looks like your old one has done its job (and so have you)of advertising their products for many a year.

::g
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

leslie(nova scotia)

in the bottle

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 am

fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm
I try and steer well clear of the technical sode of detecting for exactly the same reason! ::g Exactly what is the beverage?
The beverage is a light sweet red wine. Noble Grape is the local do it yourself place. Hope it lasts long enough to age.....like me!

Have a bottle if you are ever this way and take care.

Return to “International Friends”