These ladies of the sea keeping me away from detecting

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

These ladies of the sea keeping me away from detecting

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:00 pm

In the midst of the cruise season and working my buns off. bad side effect is no time for detecting. it's official...land in the UK Nov 6th going back to Lincoln staying with my mate. there till the 20th so up for any offer of a dig.

Here is a few of the "ladies that have kept me busy!
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WeatherWitch

Re: These ladies of the sea keeping me away from detecting

Post by WeatherWitch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm

My wife keeps nagging me to go on a cruise, but I'm one of those people that gets easily bored.
Is there plenty to keep you occupied?
I used to work as a commissioning Engineer on oil and Gas platforms back in the 80's and have seen way to may horizons!
CScope CS4PI

alfaowner

Post by alfaowner » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 am

WeatherWitch wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm
My wife keeps nagging me to go on a cruise, but I'm one of those people that gets easily bored.
I used to work as a commissioning Engineer on oil and Gas platforms back in the 80's and have seen way to may horizons!
I have just got back from a short cruise , we went on the independent of the seas , it’s a vast ship with more entertainment than you can shake a stick at ::g
I was very anti cruises as I hate the “ fun fun fun “ element but I was pleasantly supprised , if you want the clubs and party nights it’s there but if you want a nice relaxing evening after a nice meal and good bottle of wine it’s there as well , Id highly recommend giving it a go ::g

WeatherWitch

Post by WeatherWitch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 am

alfaowner wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 am
WeatherWitch wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm
I have just got back from a short cruise , we went on the independent of the seas , it’s a vast ship with more entertainment than you can shake a stick at ::g
I was very anti cruises as I hate the “ fun fun fun “ element but I was pleasantly supprised , if you want the clubs and party nights it’s there but if you want a nice relaxing evening after a nice meal and good bottle of wine it’s there as well , Id highly recommend giving it a go ::g

Thanks for the advice ::g Maybe I'll try a short cruise, as you suggest.
CScope CS4PI

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am

Perhaps its just me, but I hate modern cruise ships. They always remind me of floating egg-boxes and not elegant at all. Can't imagine anything I'd hate more than going on holiday in a massive mobile block of flats, no matter how luxuriously appointed.

Glad you have your trip sorted date-wise Leslie. Now to get some digs and meet-ups pencilled in I guess.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

targets

Post by targets » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

pax usually get bad guts and the trots on cruises ..any extra charge for that ?e coli is also possible
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Return to “International Friends”