some wet work

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

some wet work

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Forecast was for rain but that did not materialize. Had a need and into the water I went to fill that need. Immediately a slight tinge of apprehension engulfed me. The previous few days I had been watching Jeremy Wade's TV show "River Monsters" which featured fish that could bite a limb off or even engulf a human in one gulp. Menaces of the deep that were lurking under the surface just waiting for an opportunity to enjoy a "leg of detectorist." The Sea Hunter MK11 was ready. Into the drink I stepped reassuring myself that Canada does not have any of the fresh water aquatic life that could threaten some one. Splash to my left..........darn Caunck Goose....that scared me. I swished on hitting coin after coin. Hard spot on my gear as the bottom was mostly rock and a gravel mixture.
After 40 minutes the knee started to spike so I retreated to Es Cargo to take off the chest waders and grab the Freedom 3 Plus. A few more coins reached my pocket in the digging coat along with a strange foreign one.

Off to two more spots to round up the day and obtain quota with the foreign coin and the pin.
A quick stop at the grocery store to get a few things for the Hunny Bunny who is a tad under the weather. Ice cream, chicken soup and Vicks.

One more stop was required at the library to take down my exhibit on sports and collectors cards. Ken, the head honcho said that he had received some nice comments on the display. Previous display one was on detecting that had been well received. He asked me what is next and I agreed to an exhibit of stamps for September.

fred

Re: some wet work

Post by fred » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:27 am

Well done. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of spending coins in Canada. I hacked around in hard pasture yesterday for 1 Victorian penny. Lined the card display. ::g

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Love the card collection l;. And a very nice coin haul. I'm not surprised the legs were going digging those up in gravel and I bet you've had a good back work out too digging the rest on land x;

Hope the wife is feeling better. Sounds like she needs another holiday :D
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

leslie(nova scotia)

yo Oxlady

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Fur shore! My UK trip this year is cancelled so might be. Thinking of a trip to Chetticamp to visit me digging bud French Dave fur a week....disappointed but such is life. Hoping your out digging da hordes!

Oxgirl36

Re: yo Oxlady

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:25 pm

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 pm
Fur shore! My UK trip this year is cancelled so might be. Thinking of a trip to Chetticamp to visit me digging bud French Dave fur a week....disappointed but such is life. Hoping your out digging da hordes!
Sadly not - waiting for the hay to be cut and crops to be harvested :(

Shame you aren't coming to the UK ;;z there are still spaces on the MDF forum dig in September ;) ......
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

Detectski

Post by Detectski » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 pm

River Monsters, eh.... Every episode has 35 mins of terrifying but strangely unconfirmed stories of monsters of the deep doing awful monsterish stuff and Jeremy Wade doing his best Blair Witch Project blubbing then the 'monster' turns out to be a catfish again.. I-)

leslie(nova scotia)

Re: yo Oxlady be back hopefully in 2018

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:49 am

My host is away for a few moths so no go this year. Will miss it for sure and hope that all do well on that dig!

Return to “International Friends”