Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
Post Reply
User avatar
leslie(nova scotia)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm

"Low tide at 1030hrs beam you up at 0900hrs" melted ND.
"Rodger over and out" I retorted via my mind melt which was quite a few decibels lower than his.

Promptly Space Cadet 1st Class ND arrived at the designated time and coordinates. Into the navicomputer he laid out our course which ran parallel to slipstream 103.

We arrived shortly thereafter having maintained a constant speed of warp 1.5 as dictated by T.H.U.D. (Treasure Hunters Under Distress). And no one but no one wants to mess with that bureaucracy! The place was dank, dark and not so dangerous save for space poo of the four legged kind.
muvnv6[1].jpg
Navy Davy and I scoured the barren beach below the high water mark. Every thing else was encapsulated by ice. We were searching, hoping for intergalactic bell or ping tones that denoted buried artifacts. No sound after 20 minutes, then 30 with the air finally punctured by a sharp bell tone.....a dime. First coin of the new year. A few minutes more the air was permeated by another.....dime . Navy Davy pinged a quarter.

A brief glimpse of one of the three suns followed by blackened clouds....from the wet sand lined with neutrino grass near the Sea of Jupiter I uncovered the rings of Saturn! A sudden pain engulfed my back.....the earing was cursed I'm sure. If memory serves me well folklore had it that Skellatore had lost one here eons ago during the "Battle of Nova Scotia Prime."

Navy Davy 1st Class Space Cadet and I.....of no class shortly there after called it a day. The voyage to our home planet was uneventful as there was no attack by the "R.C.M.P." (Rouge Constellation Mutant Pirates)
349anuw[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
fred
Posts: 7246
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 996 times
Been thanked: 3461 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by fred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm

i think that I understand - you went moose hunting in space! :D

Did you actually get a winter this year? :-/

PS Lovely scenery. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 7541
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by oldartefact » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 pm

So it started with "Boldly go where no detector has gone before" and a few dimes later ended with "Beam me up Scotty!" Just so long as those rings didnt get frost bite, it was job done, so to speak!!! ::g ::g ::g x;
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 3859
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 3805 times
Been thanked: 1950 times
Contact:

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Lowland » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:10 pm

A stellar adventure
A real tonic
Now where’s the gin...
Going to read that again
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 6715
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2735 times
Been thanked: 2703 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

I can now read your posts once and fully get all the nuances of your wildly imaginative tales. I am fully tuned to your mind. Is this good? No idea but I enjoy your posts very much ::g

So just how blooming cold has it got there? I heard Novia Scotia was mentioned in a ‘severe weather’ story this week but I didn’t catch the details.
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

User avatar
leslie(nova scotia)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 179 times

yo Ox

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 pm

was a bad one with the power out...no metal detecting forums....punishment...speaking of going to watch the Punisher on my android box....last week it was the BBC series...Detectorists...a hoot of a soap opera. Take care!

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 6715
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2735 times
Been thanked: 2703 times

Re: yo Ox

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 pm

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 pm
was a bad one with the power out...no metal detecting forums....punishment...speaking of going to watch the Punisher on my android box....last week it was the BBC series...Detectorists...a hoot of a soap opera. Take care!
#-o b;=+ *)+: ::g
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

Dave The Slave
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm
Has thanked: 2134 times
Been thanked: 483 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Dave The Slave » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Nice to hear from you.
"Now Leslie hails from the New World and regales us with tales of his quests for the "Quota" in his own unique language ".
No quota this time but it`s gonna happen soon.
Good Luck ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

User avatar
Twit
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Twit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm

I just stumbled onto this song and it straightoff reminded me of your post, had to link it in...



...oh well, at least they were enjoying themselves there :D .

User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 7541
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by oldartefact » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Twit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm
I just stumbled onto this song and it straightoff reminded me of your post, had to link it in...



...oh well, at least they were enjoying themselves there :D .
Twit ... if you want interplanetary ... you have gotta see this ........ Baby!!!

I remember back in 1974 ... when this was released ... walking the half-mile for my breakfast ... all weathers ... mulling over the lyrics... praying it wasnt gonna be porridge!!!
Yep I walked half a mile for a bowl of pigs droppings ... but I wouldnt swap a spoon of it!!! It taught me to love every day... no matter what cr*p they want to feed you!!! Just being able to breathe is reward enough!
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
Twit
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Twit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm

oldartefact wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm
Twit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm
I just stumbled onto this song and it straightoff reminded me of your post, had to link it in...



...oh well, at least they were enjoying themselves there :D .
Twit ... if you want interplanetary ... you have gotta see this ........ Baby!!!

I remember back in 1974 ... when this was released ... walking the half-mile for my breakfast ... all weathers ... mulling over the lyrics... praying it wasnt gonna be porridge!!!
Yep I walked half a mile for a bowl of pigs droppings ... but I wouldnt swap a spoon of it!!! It taught me to love every day... no matter what cr*p they want to feed you!!! Just being able to breathe is reward enough!
I trekked from Rome to Algecira without money, just a guitar...jumping trains... took me two months and litterally almost froze one night. The people I met on the way, the events along the way, would not exchange any for a good meal and hot shower... much as I needed both.

Hawkins is not positive on alien intent, but I disagree with him there also :D... you never know who might stop by though... Carl Sagan had a very clear explanation also on the likelihood of extraterrestrial life. Those recent videos are intriguing also... I have met people who are convinced we are already visited, for different reasons from different walks of life ... but until there is clear confirmation it will remain an enigma I suppose.

Each day is a gift , so I don't let the rest bother me too much, and knowing what others endure I don't feel to complain ... just speak my say and put down where seems unjust... which means adjusting my perceptions to fit any reality as far as possible ... after the way I have been shuttled between all sorts of events it leaves me with a lot to contemplate though :) .

User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 7541
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by oldartefact » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Twit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm
oldartefact wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm
Twit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm
I just stumbled onto this song and it straightoff reminded me of your post, had to link it in...



...oh well, at least they were enjoying themselves there :D .
Twit ... if you want interplanetary ... you have gotta see this ........ Baby!!!

I remember back in 1974 ... when this was released ... walking the half-mile for my breakfast ... all weathers ... mulling over the lyrics... praying it wasnt gonna be porridge!!!
Yep I walked half a mile for a bowl of pigs droppings ... but I wouldnt swap a spoon of it!!! It taught me to love every day... no matter what cr*p they want to feed you!!! Just being able to breathe is reward enough!
.. I have met people who are convinced we are already visited,
I have met these folk also ... deluded and fraudster come instantly to mind!!!!
Last edited by oldartefact on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
Twit
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Twit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm

"I have met these folk also ... deluded and fraudster come instantly to mind!!!! "


Science is cynical in search of proof, has to be by its nature.

However probability alone ( not that it is my method of thought) suggests alien life, add in the time metric and our known lack of understanding in dimensional theory and I think most scientists do not close the door either. Difference between that and what some people come up with is something else.

Me, I am just intrigued but always deconstruct claims to what is known, or known to be unknown, and leave it at that.

User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 7541
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by oldartefact » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Twit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm
"I have met these folk also ... deluded and fraudster come instantly to mind!!!! "


Science is cynical in search of proof, has to be by its nature.

However probability alone ( not that it is my method of thought) suggests alien life, add in the time metric and our known lack of understanding in dimensional theory and I think most scientists do not close the door either. Difference between that and what some people come up with is something else.

Me, I am just intrigued but always deconstruct claims to what is known, or known to be unknown, and leave it at that.
Well my God is a Pink Flamingo... just as likely as an Alien in my book... but Hey ho... even the impossible is possible.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
Twit
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Twit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:02 pm

"Well my God is a Pink Flamingo... just as likely as an Alien in my book... but Hey ho... even the impossible is possible."

I guess you'll find out one day, just as likely as not - I say it that way because those who use the name in vain tend not to belief.

Possible - what can be done. That implies humanly possible...and people cannot create something out of nothing.... much as they spend their time trying... bugs them and they get graceless about it too sometimes...better to just live in wonder than trying to disprove what is before your eyes.

User avatar
leslie(nova scotia)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Totally out of this world....into the twilight zone I would venture! Something like Westham winning 3 in a row!

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 3859
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 3805 times
Been thanked: 1950 times
Contact:

Re: Rings of Saturn on the 1st flight of the year

Post by Lowland » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Totally out of this world....into the twilight zone I would venture! Something like Westham winning 3 in a row!
Now that is funny
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
leslie(nova scotia)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 179 times

yo Twit

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Cool vid me son. Imagine you stumbled on to that one years ago. Live long and proliferate youz! rl;

User avatar
Twit
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: yo Twit

Post by Twit » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 am

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 pm
Cool vid me son. Imagine you stumbled on to that one years ago. Live long and proliferate youz! rl;
::g

It came through on searching for another song that is one that I play that pulls me into the timeless ...




....where the female track is 100 000 yrs ago asking for a future meeting by the third pyramid ( to be built millennia ahead in time... so she is asking for them to be built for her because that is what she wants) ... and the guy is pointing out that civilised hierarchy evolved around 6000 BC ( which is right as far as known) ... something that runs through to our current reality... well zip to the modern and he is suggesting that studying it all is not a bad idea, and she is saying she needs excavation rl; .... the whole song has a deeper message also ( to do with the creation of law, a lot of ruins etc.) but cannot translate it , so will just call it my imagination ::g

Post Reply

Return to “International Friends”