Help in Falkirk

Only topics specifically related to metal detecting in Scotland within this forum.
Vwatmore

Help in Falkirk

Post by Vwatmore » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi,

I do hope that anybody doesn't find this rude but i am need of some advice and hope that someone here can point me in the right direction.....

Firstly i will fill you in on the story.
On sunday i was walking my dogs in Callendar Park, throwing sticks into the lake there for my spaniel. As i threw a stick my bracelet came flying of my wrist and landed about 5m out into the lake. The only thing is it was a links of london charm bracelet( may not mean much to the men) but it is worth £500 and was given to me by my gran for my 21st.So although it is worth alot of money it's sentimental value is worth more to me.

My questions to everone one here is

Anyone know where i can hire a metal dectector in the Falkirk area and, i know this may sound stupid but can metal detectors work under water?

I do hope you can help me as i want to try and get it back

Thanks
Vicki

monkeybaby

Re: Help in Falkirk

Post by monkeybaby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Is callender park up at callander or is it the name of a park in Falkirk? Metal detectors will work in water but most control boxes are not waterproof so only work wading height. There are waterproof ones but they are a little more expensive. What depth is the water? Its cold at waist height this time of year lol

Rob

Falkirk1

Post by Falkirk1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

I am new to metal detecting and desperate to go somewhere in the Falkirk Stirling area has anyone any idea where I could go.
chris

hogglet

Post by hogglet » Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Vwatmore wrote:Hi,

I do hope that anybody doesn't find this rude but i am need of some advice and hope that someone here can point me in the right direction.....

Firstly i will fill you in on the story.
On sunday i was walking my dogs in Callendar Park, throwing sticks into the lake there for my spaniel. As i threw a stick my bracelet came flying of my wrist and landed about 5m out into the lake. The only thing is it was a links of london charm bracelet( may not mean much to the men) but it is worth £500 and was given to me by my gran for my 21st.So although it is worth alot of money it's sentimental value is worth more to me.

My questions to everone one here is

Anyone know where i can hire a metal dectector in the Falkirk area and, i know this may sound stupid but can metal detectors work under water?

I do hope you can help me as i want to try and get it back

Thanks
Vicki

hogglet

Post by hogglet » Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 am

hi you may want and try and see if there is a scuba diving club in your area iam sure they would also jump at the chance to help you out chances are it will be lying on top of weed in the lake hope this helps you get it back best of luck

cushybhoy

Post by cushybhoy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi, I have just joined the Forum today , I am just starting out and looking for contact details for any clubs in the Falkirk area . Thank you from Patrick.

Return to “Scotland Metal Detecting”