Scottish Beaches

Only topics specifically related to metal detecting in Scotland within this forum.
whitneyhouston2475

Scottish Beaches

Post by whitneyhouston2475 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Greetings. Does the Crown Estate permit cover you for Scottish beaches or do you need to get another from another source? if so can anyone tell me where from.

Cheers :-/

Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer
Viking VK40
Big Smile :)

Beany_bot

Re: Scottish Beaches

Post by Beany_bot » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:21 pm

whitneyhouston2475 wrote:Greetings. Does the Crown Estate permit cover you for Scottish beaches or do you need to get another from another source? if so can anyone tell me where from.

Cheers :-/
Some are crown but many are not, many are not owned by anyone (despite the common saying that all land is owned).

In Scotland the definition is different and is defined as land between mean high water of spring tides and mean low water of spring tides.

AYR: The foreshore at this location does not lie within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

LARGS: The foreshore at this location lies within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

TROON: The foreshore at this location does not lie within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

BARASSIE:(just north of / adjacent to Troon) The foreshore at this location does not lie within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

GULLANE: The foreshore at this location does not lie within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

BLACKNESS:(Falkirk?) Please see the attached PDF. The areas hatched green do not lie within the ownership of The Crown Estate.

EDINBURGH: The majority of the foreshore does not lie within our ownership. However, there are stretches of foreshore which do lie within our ownership at -
Portobello - all along the frontage of the Promenade to Joppa
Lower Granton Harbour - small portion to south east of the Harbour
South Queensferry - either side of the Harbour, from just west of The Binks to just east of The Craigs

Sorry didnt quite read your original post correctly. Yes your permit covers you on the crown beaches in scotland. at least I believe so :)

whitneyhouston2475

Post by whitneyhouston2475 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Cheers but don't seem to have the mentioned PDF. I take it that a crown estate permit is suitable for The Jock side of the world to then.
Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer
Viking VK40
Big Smile :)

Firepoet

Post by Firepoet » Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Just new to the forum so I hope you guys might help with a noob question. Where would I get a hold of a Crown Estate permit?

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Here you go Firepoet,

Just fill it in to apply and you'll get your permit by email.

http://copyright.thecrownestate.co.uk/MetalDetecting/

Cheers
Stephen
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

Firepoet

Post by Firepoet » Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks very much for that Stephen. :)

Return to “Scotland Metal Detecting”