Scottish beach detecting

Only topics specifically related to metal detecting in Scotland within this forum.
Saffron

Scottish beach detecting

Post by Saffron » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Help required from our northern neighbours, or even English that know the law on detecting in Scotland.

In the next few months I could be having a few short trips up to Scotland (mainly the Borders centered on Kelso, but could take in any of the south of Scotland below the Glasgow - Edinburgh line, and in the spring could include Oban area).

Sadly some of the old links that I found in this subforum no longer work. So can anybody point me to links giving the current rules regarading detecting in Scotland. I know the rules on access are much better in Scotland than the more restrictive Enlish laws but I assume for inland you still require landowners consent (for the time I will be there not work running around door knocking) so will be targetting beaches - where I believe I am allowed to detect between MHWM and MLWM.

Links or confirmation of this and other advice would be VERY much appreciated.

Evan

Lowland

Re: Scottish beach detecting

Post by Lowland » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi saffron
Sent you a PM
::g
lang may yer lum reek wi sumboady elses coal

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Many thanks for PM Lowland, much appreciated.

Lowland's PM actually related to inland so any information about beach detecting would still be appreciated.

Evan

Raptorman

Post by Raptorman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 pm

No permits required for Scottish beaches just check there is no scheduled monument or buried power cable(one on my local beach) and your all good.http://www.crownestatescotland.com/the- ... -detecting

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Raptorman very many thanks for that link and information which confirms my understanding.

I had not seen the CE Scotland page that you provided but had seen the Outdoor Access Code that it links to, but about the only outdoor activity it had no information about was metal detecting ;;z

Evan

Return to “Scotland Metal Detecting”