seeking out Permission

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining finding permission to metal detect.
celticwolf

seeking out Permission

Post by celticwolf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi Every one this is my first time login on hear as our son gave myself and my wife an early Yule tide gift of a Garrett 400i , maybe if i introduce myself a little first to you long term members I am 61 retired and live in a small Colery village in Northumbria close to the coast i have been down to the beach once to try and get used to the detector and we love it . but i have no idea on getting permission from land owners is there a standard form and if so were do i down load it , should i just knock and introduce myself any advice would be appreciated .

Oxgirl36

Re: seeking out Permission

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Well first of all welcome to the MDF. You have a lovely son by the look of things. He has good taste as he’s chosen a great detector to get you into the hobby. There is a 400i section which will help you with finding answers to the questions you may have about your specific detector. And it’s a good place to ask any others that may not have been thought of yet.

May I suggest you read the forum guide which will help with a lot of your initial questions, including where to go in the forum for advice on finding permissions.

Enjoy, and hope you love finding your first bits of treasure (in whatever form :D )
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

jcreilly

Post by jcreilly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm

knocking doors is the best way to go about it celtic in my opinion buddy good luck and let the fun begin

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Hello celticwolf, Welcome aboard ::g That's great advice you've been given. Have fun and enjoy your time with us on the MDF. Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Forgive the pun but each and EVERY way of seeking permissions has it's PIT falls OooO OooO
There is NO MAGIC FORMULA and what works for one person can be potential disaster for another..
Knocking on doors? Do you have the gift of the gab and are you personable, confident, and able to take unpleasant knock backs?
Writing letters and sending emails? Are you happy to send off many speculative introductions in the hope that there is an outside chance you will get a "Yes"?
it's not what you know but who you know.... We are all a few steps away from being connected to Royalty, so there is a good chance that either you, or a friend, friend of a friend, or friends friend friend know a local land owner, which is a relatively easy way in, as the hobby is based on trust.
Hope that helps.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Return to “Permissions Forum”