ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Crop harvesting order

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining finding permission to metal detect.
Oxgirl36

Crop harvesting order

Post by Oxgirl36 »

We have all been bemoaning the dry pasture but have taken heart that the grass cutting season has begun in earnest. I noticed on Facebook yesterday that Julian from Treasure Hunting magazine (thankfully on the road to recovery following his recent heart attack) has listed the order of harvesting of crops in a typical cereal farm permission. So here it is for those that don’t know it is...
(Updated - thanks Drustan)

Hay
Winter barley
Oilseed rape (OSR)
Spring barley
Peas
Winter wheat
Beans

If you are looking for additional permissions it’s good to get a few grass fields on your list. I’ve only ever had one hay field, until this year, and it was heavy clay soil so impossible to dig in the summer. This year I have over 100 acres of hay fields to swing my coil :D . It is saving my sanity right now.

So I thought a list of typical crop harvesting months and the order of harvesting might be a useful in the permissions section.I’ll find a way to present the data in some semblance of order later ::g

I fully recognise the weather has a big bearing on exactly when things are harvested but this is a rough guide that should be useful.

So no idea about other crops except that main crop potatoes are harvested late September to (mainly) October. Maize is October too.
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Permissions Forum”