Spain

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining permission to metal detect.
jflett117

Spain

Post by jflett117 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Im in Spain just now and have got permission to search las fuentas beach ,having read how hard it was to get permission ,all I did was find the local gaurdia civil building ,asked to see some one,and just asked if I could search on the beach ,the only condition was not to detect around tourists & not at all in the summer.so bingo thats my holiday made for me . ::g :D

Dave8472

Re: Spain

Post by Dave8472 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:32 am

Nice one, that's the best approach to ask and common sense always prevails in these circumstances.

Dave &*(

jflett117

Post by jflett117 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Ty Dave it never hurts to ask ,lol,just have to find more than rusty pesata s ,and euro coins ,lost rings ect are a bit thin on the beach tho ive only done 3 hours on it so far .

jflett117

Post by jflett117 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:36 pm

jflett117 wrote:Im in Spain just now and have got permission to search las fuentas beach ,having read how hard it was to get permission ,all I did was find the local gaurdia civil building ,asked to see some one,and just asked if I could search on the beach ,the only condition was not to detect around tourists & not at all in the summer.so bingo thats my holiday made for me . ::g :D
A few weeks on and got a bucketfull of old rusty pesetas and a odd mix of centimos,there seems to be an annual loss of sand here with winter storms. as at the road side the sand level is a good 3 feet above the beach ,so in my way of thinking every year the years droppings get washed out to the sea,tho where the sand gets cleaned there are mounds of scooped up sand that yield even more pesatas,fingers crossed ,ever the optimist lol.

allmetal

Post by allmetal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Sounds good keep searching ::g

Good Luck ;)

jflett117

Post by jflett117 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:26 pm

after searching near the low tide mark and finding more things, while I was digging a find, a wave covered my xtl ,it now just buzzes (sound) is it beyond repair ?

jflett117

Post by jflett117 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:51 pm

had to replace my whites xlt with my minelab musketeer,and now after a months use I have got the tones off to a fine art ,,no screen on this one as you know ,but its finding old & new coinage perfectly ,as well tho I have got the finger trawl through fine sand perfected,no coin is safe lol,its just a shame ive only got 18 days left as there is still 3 miles of beach to sweep for me to find that elusive gold ring [:) l;.

Return to “Permissions”