northern Ireland

Only topics specifically related to metal detecting in Ireland within this forum.
Scottie

Re: northern Ireland

Post by Scottie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Evening all

What a helpful bunch you all are. As a result I have now ordered the CTX 3030 (I did try a few times to get an ETRAC 2nd hand but failed so have thrown the head up and gone where there is no competition, buying brand new !

Of course this now means a myriad of other supporting stuff to go with it and a pile of manual reading and YouTube watching...if there is a 'Top 5' must do in being a new dectorist I'd love to hear it =))

My first hunt will be on Tyrella beach as it's the nearest to me and correct me If I'm wrong (?) so long as I have the Crown foreshore permit and detect between High and Low water marks I wont fall foul of the Down District Byelaws which I came across here http://www.downdc.gov.uk/Leisure---Cult ... Beach.aspx look to the right hand side of page under 'related documents'

Hope to see you out in the wilds.

Garry

slowsweep

Post by slowsweep » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 pm

good choice, gr8 machine, stick with the factory pre set modes until you are familiar with the ctx and you shouldnt have any problems, it is a switch on and go machine so as long as you dont start messing with the setting b4 you know whats what you will enjoy the ctx ::g

GL&HH
Just dig it and put your mind at rest

ajb0905

Post by ajb0905 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Anyone had anything nice from Northern Ireland?

I haven't been detecting in about 7/8 years but now I'm living in Northern Ireland a lot of things are drawing me back into doing some!

Currently speaking to a few farmers in my area to ge permission to have a go on their fields.

Will be getting a laser rapier I think ... had one a few years ago done me well, also had a laser hawkeye but didn't think much on it for the price tag!

Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers

nexus john

Post by nexus john » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi Ajb I get a few nice finds like hammered coins few relics odd Viking items I am using a laser trident 2 extreme now and am very happy with it and its finds hope this helps if u have any other questions I will be happy to help or if u want more detailed information u can pm me if you want

Return to “Ireland Metal Detecting”