Aberdeen area

Looking for a metal detecting buddy in Scotland ?
pinkyandthebrain

Aberdeen area

Post by pinkyandthebrain » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:23 am

Hi looking for some one to detect with from Aberdeen or nearby, can share costs if needed. Working on permissions for inland. I have crown foreshore permit and beach permission for alot of the north east beaches.

Also looking for a club if such a thing exists near Aberdeen.

Garrett Ace 250

punchy19

Re: Aberdeen area

Post by punchy19 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Used to be a club i think....but not anymore.
Would be interested in joining a new club maybe its time to start one...currently working most weekends so im limited to weekdays...Alex
CSCOPE CS660

Also have a crown foreshore permit

NewBinAngus

Post by NewBinAngus » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 am

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie. I've had a Viking for over eighteen months but barely out of the box as we've had a baby in the meantime. Seeing the newly ploughed fileds has brought it to mind and I'm keen to get out there when I return home in a few weeks time. I live in Johnshaven so keen to hook up with a buddy anywhere between Aberdeen and Forfar who can show me the ropes etc. In return I can do the driving and cover fuel costs.....

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated, I've wanted to try this for years but always thwarted in some way. When I'm home I have a month off so can manage weekdays no problem (wife and baby permitting!!)

Regards

Barry

punchy19

Post by punchy19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Well im also a bit of newbie as well, although i have been out a few times and have a crown coastal permission in general im off weekdays. Have been detecting local due to not being a driver ...not my thing. but im looking into getting permissions for the summer,

NewBinAngus

Post by NewBinAngus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am

I think it's always better when you're finding your way around something new to have someone to bounce ideas off/make mistakes with...

Perhaps you'd like to collaborate? I have the wheels if you want to look further afield..... perhaps I could help with obtaining permissions.....?

I mentioned before I'm away at present so I'll spend a bit of time brushing up on things. I'm back around 8th/9th April so will be looking to get out sometime over the following weeks....

Regards

Barry

punchy19

Post by punchy19 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Sounds good to me hopefully we can sort something out .
Go an try to get permissions
Have just opened a local portal/website today http://www.bamdahs.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and club for Aberdonians and NE Area of Scotland so your welcome to join if you wish as i need members...lol
there are permissions contracts on my site and other forms and links...Alex

pinkyandthebrain

Post by pinkyandthebrain » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am

Thank you all for replies, ill be pming people now ty ::g
Garrett Ace 250

cardclone

Post by cardclone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi , Just got a new garrett and i would like to meet up with buddy/s in the aberdeen/shire area

Regards Mike

saxavord

Post by saxavord » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:03 pm

I live in Ellon and am just trying to get back in to metal detecting after an absence of many years. I'm also looking for a detecting 'buddy' in this area if anyone is interested in meeting up? email is saxavord76@yahoo.com.

Rgds

Nick

Return to “Finding a Buddy”