Finding a Buddy in the Glasgow area

Looking for a metal detecting buddy in Scotland ?
papat

Finding a Buddy in the Glasgow area

Post by papat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 am

hi, looking for buddy in glasgow area,( im in coatbridge) any body looking for a good laugh and good days detecting got own car so travel aint a prob ,cheers

magic-al

Re: buddy for glasgow area

Post by magic-al » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 am

Hey Papat

I'm in Kirkintilloch, used to md good few years back (25) and the bug has never wore off, bought a machine cpl years ago and never used it , looking to get back into the swing of things though, but might be early next year before i'm out and about (family commits) Have transport also, if you want to hook up in the New Year let me know ?

Al

papat

Post by papat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

hi al,sounds good mate next year will be ok, i work in the old gun range in kirki and ive got permission to detect on a few fields in that area accross from the martyres stone i think its on the 803road just up from queeni burn so looking forward to next year all the best mate cheers papa t

magic-al

Post by magic-al » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Nice one Papa t, I have some useful info for around that area but as yet have not searched out that way, used to search the track of the old Antonine Wall out by The Stables (Glasgow Bridge - near the canal) came up with some nice finds in the early 80s - using an old,not very deep and not so modern machine way back then, cant wait to try the one I have now - a fisher 1236x2 - what about yourself ? what you using ? how long been detecting ? contact me direct if you wish -
[email protected]

Cheers
Alan

Return to “Finding a Buddy”