Newbie from Edinburgh

Looking for a metal detecting buddy in Scotland ?
paul_brown

Newbie from Edinburgh

Post by paul_brown » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi all... I've been watching this site for a few months and been very impressed with the advice, knowledge and friendliness involved..

I'm a 35 yr old from Leith in Edinburgh area and have a Garrett 250 for a few months now.. Dont really know want Im doing, but learning all the time..

I have only been on the local beaches with the newly required permit.. Found nothing exciting as yet apart from a fork, spoon and a few bottles and god knows how much iron... but learning how the machine works..

Looking forward to hitting a field or two..

ironjam

Re: Newbie from Edinburgh

Post by ironjam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

welcome to the forum paul :) a great bunch here mate, with lots of help and wisdom. good luck mate.

dean

Cynergy

Post by Cynergy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 am

Hi Paul. Almost a weegie I am from Wishaw but I shoot a few thousand acres outside Gorebridge and worked at Leith docks a few years ago on oil rig bits so I know your part of the world well and no doubt we shall meet sometime soon. There are a few eastie's here who will no doubt turn up soon like sh!tes round a fly including the elusive Glen who seems to work 24/7 drinking real ale, sleeping and talking Polish in that order. Back to Gorebridge tomoz for the last day on the pheasants N partridge.

See you soon.

Lyall.
The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.

monkeybaby

Post by monkeybaby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum hope you get as much from it as I have reading over posts the last few months. Im going to Gorebridge tonight to my mates for a booze up :) Pity it wasnt out detecting.

Rob

paul_brown

Post by paul_brown » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Thankyou all for the intro's...

Almost a weegie as in my parents are from Glasgow, but I'm from Leicester... Only been here for 6 months due to the misses completing her MBA... Ran out of clothes and could not figure out what the cooker was for when on own..lol...

Edward 1 penny is impressive... i would be happy for a 2p coin at this moment in time... Did you use the garrett??... You have more than one farm.. well done... All Im getting is no, but time will change that...

Gorebridge seems to be the place to be seen....

Im looking to go out tomorrow... Any advice on where or not to go...

Cynergy

Post by Cynergy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:02 pm

You lot are having me on.

Passed through Gorebridge twice today on my way to and from Esperston / Arniston and didnt see any of you. The only sign of life was a lady jogger running away from the place!

Must have heard monkeybaby was coming tonight :))
The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.

dellbertio

Post by dellbertio » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:49 pm

hi paul i am from leith and am looking for a buddy ..i also do a lot of beach work but i do travel on the occasional (early) sunday morning as i have 4 kids .let me know if you want to arrange some hunt

Return to “Finding a Buddy”