ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

More Silver, Some Gold and Coins Everywhere plus a Hammy Bonus

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
fred

More Silver, Some Gold and Coins Everywhere plus a Hammy Bonus

Post by fred »

The recent weather has blown some of the beaches around a bit. Yesterday I was due to attend a JoanAllenEvents dig nearby but I got up at the crack of dawn to put in an hour and a half on the beach. I found loads of coins and other bits plus the silver coins and part of a 15ct gold ring shown in the first photo.

At 8.15 I set off for the dig expecting to be just a little late for the 8.30 start. After nearly an hour spent exploring Romney Marsh, an area that I thought that I knew well, I finally stumbled onto the dig. Along the way I had seen loads of herons and other wildlife including my first ever Great White Egret (which I initially though was an oversized albino heron :D ). Anyway to my horror the dig was on a piece of land that I knew to have been well detected in the past and which I hadn't previously had much luck on. Had I known I probably wouldn't have gone and I would have missed out on a couple of reasonable enough hammies, several other reasonable finds and some great company.
Storm1.JPG
This morning I again got up with the dawn and detected for about six hours minus a bit of time spent sheltering from showers. Once again I found plenty of coins and bits (photo 2) including the silver, a small 9ct gold ring and a silver Salvation Army badge, all shown in the third photo. I found just under 200 coins and the total in spending money was £46.39p. The greatest surprise was a Charles II farthing in almost reasonable nick. All told not a bad weekend at all. ::g

Storm2.JPG
Storm3.JPG
Storm4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well worn Equinox 800 x2
Nice (temporarily) shiny new one x1

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”