A few more George V silvers

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Stillburning

A few more George V silvers

Post by Stillburning » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Had a free day today and after after yesterdays storm and with a low tide just before 11am I decided to return to the beach where I found the 2 George V halfcrowns a couple of weeks ago.

The beach was sanded up and levelled rather than ripped apart as I had hoped but there were a couple of cuts which produced most of the coins in the picture. This time I had a George V florin, shilling and sixpence (knackered as usual!) as well as the other pre decimal and decimals, I dont mind digging the 1p and 2p coins as they are a good indicator of where the other coins are.

Thanks for looking ::g

XP Deus, 9" coil, Garys hot
IMG_1480 (550x438).jpg
IMG_1483 (550x250).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm still burning you'll never put the spark out in my soul

littleboot

Re: A few more George V silvers

Post by littleboot » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:07 am

I don't do the beach anymore since I got the GMP. I will try and see what I can do with the sensitivity turned right down. I love coinshooting. Its terrific fun to dig the sand and get coins. Playing in the sand for grown-ups. ;))

Those solid old coins last a lot better than modern ones in these conditions don't they? After 6 months a Euro is Euro-trash. The old francs fair a lot better than them even after many years they are still recognisable.

I have mixed feelings about the florin/ 2 bob bit. I used to have a half-crown pocket money. Then they got rid of it and I ended up with a florin instead!! Mean things could have made it 50p. I don't think I ever quite forgave my parents for that. :))
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

FUBAR

Re: A few more George V silvers

Post by FUBAR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Well dug. Thanks for posting. ::g

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”