Good morning at the beach

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Dave The Slave

Good morning at the beach

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Went out specifically yesterday morning to get some recent losses of coins.
Not being too bothered about depth, took the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, which is actually my favourite to use.
Arrive at parking space, walking down steep steps to beach, spot a pound coin that has bounced and is sitting in grass on the edge of a step, about 4" in the air.
Arriving on beach at 5.30am, another detectorist already there, so walk a couple of groynes past and start detecting upto where I want to grid.
1st coin 10p, then a strange find, could just see the rim and thought pound coin, it was a large chocolate coin still in its foil and had not melted in the sand. Couple of 50p and a pound coin, large hoop earring. Grid area of 30m x 20m completed.
Went over the groyne into next section, signals were steady, pound coins, 50 pences and 20 pences. Finally leave around 8.30am sunbathers arriving and getting hot. Pass the other detectorist, still in same area but now has lots of sunbathers around his area.
Enjoyable 2 and half hours, reckoned around 7 pounds.
Total was 8x1 pound coins, 5x 50 p, 5x20p,1x10p,1x5p = 11pounds 65p best beach total since Aug 4th 2014. Image
Most coins in top 3" dry sand, Sensitivity 4 o`clock, Discrim 12 o`clock.
Good Luck everyone ::g
Dave

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

brianc

Re: Good morning at the beach

Post by brianc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Good to hear that the Tracker is getting a run out now and again.

A nice productive couple of hours too and I don't blame you for setting out early in this weather.

My patch of land is like concrete so a beach nearby must be great to have.
Wandering off to the fields with my Makro Racer 2.

Although, I enjoyed the walk with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV!

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Had a lovely few hours on the beach too this morning. Only about a tenner, a silver ring and a hernia inducing pile of fishing weights for me though. Fortunately not very much junk about. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks Brian,
I really do like the machine, so simple to use and pin pointing precision. Feel guilty when I don`t use it, has served me well since 2005 and has paid for itself, at least 3 times over, without any gold or high value metals. Even use the headphones that came with it on the 400i.
How I`ve got it set up on Tone, normally a coin , ringpull, foil, tent peg or wine bottle top, also the occasional piece of lead and invariably, the disposable barbecue someone has buried around a foot under the sand, although I can tell these due to the area of signal. All the beer bottle tops were surface finds, which I always pick up and put in my recycling bin.
Could not believe sunbathers turning up at 7.15am and with kids, normally like to be off the beach by around 8.30 before they get there. Luckily I was detecting away from them. The other guy when I was leaving, was detecting among them, not my way, although he was still in the section nearest a Car Park, so they had probably just laid claim to the first patch of sand they saw.
Good Luck with your new machine, when inland sites become softer to dig.
Cheers ::g
Dave
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm

fred wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Had a lovely few hours on the beach too this morning. Only about a tenner, a silver ring and a hernia inducing pile of fishing weights for me though. Fortunately not very much junk about. ::g
Well found Fred, was just in shorts and t shirt yesterday, even felt the sand between my toes as my shoes were just sinking in and filling up. Emptied out enough sand at the car to make a sandcastle. May start trying to accumulate fishing weights in the winter.
Well Done ::g
Dave
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Dave The Slave wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm
fred wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Well found Fred, was just in shorts and t shirt yesterday, even felt the sand between my toes as my shoes were just sinking in and filling up. Emptied out enough sand at the car to make a sandcastle. May start trying to accumulate fishing weights in the winter.
Well Done ::g
Dave
The weights soon add up. I give lots of the good ones away but still scrap about a hundred quids worth a year. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

skythepig

Post by skythepig » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Well done Dave a good haul for a couple of hours fun. I think that brown felt pen is mine I lost it the other day! Could swap you for some more metal tent pegs to make a set.
I picked up 6 of them the other night left in sand from the beach tents everyone now pitches on the beach. :ml
XP Deus, a different ball game.
Equinox 800 still learning but getting there
Sovereign Elite
Bad Back and dodgy knees

stupot

Post by stupot » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Good to see you doing some good old fashioned coinshooting chum...

leslie(nova scotia)

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:17 pm

She all adds up and nice to see the trash taken out me son!

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”