Blackpool Beach Metal Detecting

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
THE MOLE

Blackpool Beach Metal Detecting

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:28 pm

just thought id give anyone the heads up thats thinking of going to blackppol beach, ive been down there over the last two weekends. the sand is absolutely ridiculously high at the moment.
i think its going to take another storm to take some away.

the sand is normally lower than the bottom stepand flat, as you can see that its now upto maybe the second or even third step, im not sure thats the bottom one in the pic :( . from the steps it goes uphill before it starts to go down again heading out toward the sea ;;z

but the weather was great and the scenery was pretty good to x; :D

neil.

Just using the Force Image

Oxgirl36

Re: Blackpool Beach Metal Detecting

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Bet this warm weather is bringing the hoards in too. So overall it’s not the best detecting weather even on a beach then :(
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

iDetect

Post by iDetect » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 am

Surely the deep sand isn't that much of a problem? In this weather the beaches are rammed with tourists every day, so that means lost coin and valuables to be found every morning/evening?

I only find the deep sand an issue on beaches where there are very old coin to be found, not something I would associate with Blackpool, which really has been done to death.
Mark in Wigan
"All the gear and no idea"

Equinox 800 - SuperblueS Headset
PI XPointer - Evolution Blade - Evolution Sand Scoop
NCMD Member

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:21 pm

iDetect wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 am
Surely the deep sand isn't that much of a problem? In this weather the beaches are rammed with tourists every day, so that means lost coin and valuables to be found every morning/evening?

I only find the deep sand an issue on beaches where there are very old coin to be found, not something I would associate with Blackpool, which really has been done to death.
well to give you some idea 3 hour session both morning and evening for two days = 12 hours, that brought me a total of £1.20 in small change. nothng larger than 5p in monitary terms and nothing else ;;z

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Never done Blackpool but been on St Annes up the road a couple of times. Found a toy car which made one little lad very happy.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Quest Q40 combo pack

Jedi Master button finder

daviem62

Post by daviem62 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:14 pm

now that crown estates are not issuing permits, is there anyone in particular i should contact for permission to detect blackpool beach ? thanks in advance for any replies.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 am

no mate, you just need to read the terms and conditions on the crown estate website ::g
neil.

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Time was, there used to be enough lying around above tide-and along the Prom for a few regulars to earn a living out of it.
Hey would go out early each morning to pick up. First one around Uncle Toms Cabin always got the most :D
Those were the days my friend ! Then along came cheap flights and Metal Detectors x;

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Ladybird66 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Time was, there used to be enough lying around above tide-and along the Prom for a few regulars to earn a living out of it.
Hey would go out early each morning to pick up. First one around Uncle Toms Cabin always got the most :D
Those were the days my friend ! Then along came cheap flights and Metal Detectors x;

your quite right there, although its 50 miles from me i like to have a ride down for a change from pasture ::g

ScoopyDoo

Post by ScoopyDoo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:34 am

iDetect wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 am

That has always been my view as well. Mole is right though, finds at the moment are few and far between. The problem seems to me to be not so much the height of the sand, but more the condition of it. The picture Mole posted, illustrates it perfectly. When the sand is cratered and has those black streaks on it, it's also more densely packed, and even if the beach has been really busy, the expected recent spills just don't seem to be there. I've been plenty of other times though, when the sand is at the same sort of level, but flatter and more fluffy, and that's when you find the fresh spills.

So there seems to be more going on than just the height of the sand, but I've no idea what. I would be interested to hear if anyone has any theories about it.
CScope CS4ZX
CScope CS990XD
Boundless optimism!

ScoopyDoo

Post by ScoopyDoo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 am

Update - Conditions have improved a lot over the last few days. I was there this morning at dawn, and although I only spent about two hours detecting, I did ok.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p439 ... 3u5plf.jpg

Bonus dawn shot....
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p439 ... 5vb3lq.jpg
CScope CS4ZX
CScope CS990XD
Boundless optimism!

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 pm

thanks for the heads up scoopy, from your dawn shot the sand defo looks alot flatter ::g , il be down there at the end of the month as i have a week off work ;)

neil.

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 am

not quite that bad lol

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 am

I knew there had to be a catch in it somewhere. The Mrs has just booked us a four night stay in Blackpool and said that I should take the Safari. I can't help wondering if she has read the original post! :((
Garrett ProPointer + MineLab Safari + Quest Q40, and loads of determination.

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 am

Of, blimey, Chris. Hey, don’t look a gift horse !

My first Husband insisted on us going there for our Honeymoon. I’ve hated the place ever since x;

No offence to anyone who lives there or loves it ::g

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 am

Alas lass, she then dragged me down to the travel agents and booked a cruise for next September. Knowing our recent luck with holidays I'm thinking that perhaps we will be on the boat called the RMS Titanic! Mind you they don't have icebergs in the med; do they?

But getting back to Blackpool and the matter in hand...……...although the beach above the mean high tide line is sanded in, wouldn't that mean that the area at the mean low tide line may offer some reasonable pickings.

I did Talacre yesterday and got me an old penny, a bag of copper shrapnel, one live .303 round, oh and a bunch of keys that looked like a very recent loss. Popping into Reeds Rains today and handing the keys over to them and they will post them on to Rhyl. Will call into police station later and offload live round and discuss an other item for disposal.

Chris :)

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 am

Oops!

Did not tamper with said round but projectile fell off due to rotting neck on the case and contents were able to be poured away. Brass case now with the rest of the scrap and police station visit deferred for later in the week.

Any advice for detecting Blackpool, or other nearby beaches, would be more than welcome.

Chris ::g

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”