Beginner beach detecting

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Karol1989

Beginner beach detecting

Post by Karol1989 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi guys.
I have a couple of questions hopefully you guys can help me with.
I'm just starting metal detecting, I've got my self equinox 600 as I am planning to do mostly beach detecting.
Problem is I don't have a driving license so I need to use public transport.
That's why I chose to detect on the beach for beginning as they mostly have good public transport.
I live in London if you guys can advise any places worth trying with some public transport?
I was thinking about botany bay its good 3 h in the train but can reach there.
Do you guys ever try it?
Also, do I need any special permission?
If you guys can help me with some knowledge I will be grateful.
Thanks and happy hunting.

sweepstick47

Re: Beginner beach detecting

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello Karol1989, My first advice would be to have a read through the link which I've added below as it contains information you need to be aware of in order to stay within the law. ::g

Secondly, I would suggest a look at the forum Beach and Rivers forum which you'll find in the blue panel over there l;/ (under the general heading 'Main') which covers matters that will be of interest for beach/river detecting.

A read of the forum rules at the top of this page is also recommended.
Good Luck - Regards ss47

Edit to add link: Forum Guide
A disservice is no service at all.

fred

Post by fred » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Unless you particularly want to do beaches get a Thames permit and try the Nox on the upper reaches, say Battersea and upstream from there. The river foreshore is much clearer of industrial junk than the lower stretches and I think that the Nox should be particularly suited to the conditions. You will also save a fortune on train fares.

If you want to do beaches I know for sure that all of the Southend beaches are relatively easy with a Nox but you need to choose your tides carefully as you only get about 3 or 4 hours max of good detecting on low tides. ::g

PS All the Kent beaches can be good when the tides and conditions are right. Unfortunately they often aren't and it's a damn long way to go on the offchance. :D
Equinox 800 x2

stillair1

Post by stillair1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 pm

If going by train to Southend from London, just check there are no works on the lines that day as the replacement bus services can be longwinded especially as you dog leg off at Shenfield for the Southend line. :-L
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
Nox 600
XPointer

andiron

Post by andiron » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 pm

But there is only one tiny bit in Shoeburyness that's under the crown? What license is required for other parts?

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”