East coast beach detecting?

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Easylife

East coast beach detecting?

Post by Easylife » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm

I don't normally do beach detecting but was thinking of popping over to the East coast to have a go for a change, especially now sand has been stripped off. I have a Deus with 11" & HF coil, and a Whites DFX with std 9.5" & a 14" x 8" DD coil. I was thinking of trying around Mablethorpe so any advice would be welcome. ::g
Edit - Just remembered I also have a Whites Classic III with a black sand switch, but no doubt capable but inferior to the other two. :D

Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil, 2nd Garrett Carrot. %)=
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

sweepstick47

Re: East coast beach detecting?

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 am

Hello 'Easylife' ::g Just in case you're detecting the beach with your dog present, be aware that there are reports of deposits of 'Palm' oil (looks like lard/white cooking fat) on many if not all the East Coast beaches. It's apparently been brought ashore after the high sea state recently.

Not harmful to humans if touched but dangerous to dogs etc if ingested. (not good to get it on your shoes if driving)! ;;z Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am

I had a whites classic 111 and it was great on the beach. Paid £100. Wish i had kept it. Never had any falsing with it .. ok it wasn't that deep but found everything around 6 inches ... but the main thing was it was a pleasure to use. IT DETECTED BEACHES. Simples
All the best.
Brian
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire
Semper exspectare et ecce subito!
(Always expect the unexpected!)
Detectors: XP ADX 250 | Garrett Pro-pointer

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

BAMBAM wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am
I had a whites classic 111 and it was great on the beach. Paid £100. Wish i had kept it. Never had any falsing with it .. ok it wasn't that deep but found everything around 6 inches ... but the main thing was it was a pleasure to use. IT DETECTED BEACHES. Simples
All the best.
Brian
Cheers Brian, The wife likes the Classic III so I best take it along as well. ::g

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:16 am

sweepstick47 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 am
Hello 'Easylife' ::g Just in case you're detecting the beach with your dog present, be aware that there are reports of deposits of 'Palm' oil (looks like lard/white cooking fat) on many if not all the East Coast beaches. It's apparently been brought ashore after the high sea state recently.

Not harmful to humans if touched but dangerous to dogs etc if ingested. (not good to get it on your shoes if driving)! ;;z Regards ss47
Cheers SS47, good to know. I have no dog but I bet the palm oil helps the coil glide over the sand better. :D

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”