Quick help needed.

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Post Reply
User avatar
Me and my boy
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 658 times

Quick help needed.

Post by Me and my boy » Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm

I’m off out in half an hours to try and find a ladies platinum wedding ring lost on a gravel driveway( possibly)
It will register on deus lite without too much discriminatation?
Hoping I can find it for her.
Any pointers welcome please.
I assume it will sound good like any ring!? Ie high pitched.


2019 hammies. = 18 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 1( broken sceatta)
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 0
Gold ring. = 0
Gold hammered .= 1😀

User avatar
fred
Posts: 7929
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 1302 times
Been thanked: 4062 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by fred » Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Sorry but platinum gives a rubbish response on most detectors. :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Me and my boy
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 658 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Me and my boy » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Cheers Fred. Would you say more iron tone or just wont pick it up?
2019 hammies. = 18 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 1( broken sceatta)
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 0
Gold ring. = 0
Gold hammered .= 1😀

User avatar
sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 8668
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 1206 times
Been thanked: 1946 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm

As you're probably actively searching for it by now not much to offer in the way of advice but as the ring is hopefully lying on the surface, use of minimum discrimination should prove to be the way to go. Best of luck to you and the lady waiting ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

brianc
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:01 pm
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by brianc » Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 pm

I would go all metal with no discrimiation in the first instance and see what turns up.

Does the lady know roughly where the ring may have been lost and how long ago?

As mentioned, a surface find is highly likely if it is very recent.

I guess that as it is a gravel driveway then you may need to expand your search to the complete area as cars and foot travel may have moved things around.

Gravel is most likely to have been placed on a hard surface - so it may be on asphalt or a manmade covering so the gravel may only be a few inches deep.

Good luck - and very kind of you to help out and we look forward to hearing how you get on.
Wandering off to the fields with my Makro Racer 2.

Although, I enjoyed the walk with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV!

User avatar
Me and my boy
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 658 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Me and my boy » Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Just got back and it’s two rings!!! Not one.
Engagement and wedding both platimum. On a leather lace. Lost yesterday.
The gravel is spilt 8mm and fairly compacted so I thought I would have heard two together.
I’m going to try her house on the weekend as this was at her gardening customers house.
I even emptied two garden waste bins just incase.
She pulled her jumper off and thought that’s when she would have lost them.
She’s tried where she went after and no joy.
I hope I can find them for her this weekend.
Not worried on settings now I know there’s two as that’s bound to sound good.
Thanks for the advice so far.
2019 hammies. = 18 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 1( broken sceatta)
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 0
Gold ring. = 0
Gold hammered .= 1😀

User avatar
fred
Posts: 7929
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 1302 times
Been thanked: 4062 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by fred » Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Me and my boy wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Just got back and it’s two rings!!! Not one.
Engagement and wedding both platimum. On a leather lace. Lost yesterday.
The gravel is spilt 8mm and fairly compacted so I thought I would have heard two together.
I’m going to try her house on the weekend as this was at her gardening customers house.
I even emptied two garden waste bins just incase.
She pulled her jumper off and thought that’s when she would have lost them.
She’s tried where she went after and no joy.
I hope I can find them for her this weekend.
Not worried on settings now I know there’s two as that’s bound to sound good.
Thanks for the advice so far.
Give me a call if you want a hand. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 7645
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 3070 times
Been thanked: 3159 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 pm

If you can get a HF coil and get up to 72khz you’ll have a better chance of finding it ::g

Please keep us posted on how you get on.
XP Deus !!£$

Hammered silver 2019 - 3

User avatar
Me and my boy
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 658 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Me and my boy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 pm

fred wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 pm
Me and my boy wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Just got back and it’s two rings!!! Not one.
Engagement and wedding both platimum. On a leather lace. Lost yesterday.
The gravel is spilt 8mm and fairly compacted so I thought I would have heard two together.
I’m going to try her house on the weekend as this was at her gardening customers house.
I even emptied two garden waste bins just incase.
She pulled her jumper off and thought that’s when she would have lost them.
She’s tried where she went after and no joy.
I hope I can find them for her this weekend.
Not worried on settings now I know there’s two as that’s bound to sound good.
Thanks for the advice so far.
Give me a call if you want a hand. ::g
Cheers Fred.
2019 hammies. = 18 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 1( broken sceatta)
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 0
Gold ring. = 0
Gold hammered .= 1😀

User avatar
Me and my boy
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 658 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Me and my boy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Just got a message from the lady, she found then tangled in her running top label at her house.
Well chuffed for her.
And again thanks Fred for the offer.
By the way she has a 2 acre paddock in a local village to us with a footpath and supposed lost underground passage to the church.
She offered me to try it in the past but I’ve never done it or has anyone else that she knows.
You are welcome to come and try it with me if you like
2019 hammies. = 18 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 1( broken sceatta)
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 0
Gold ring. = 0
Gold hammered .= 1😀

User avatar
sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 8668
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 1206 times
Been thanked: 1946 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 pm

An excellent outcome howsoever achieved ::g That's also a very generous offer you've made ::g
Good Luck if you make the joint search of the 2 acre paddock - don't fall into the underground tunnel to the church - visions of scoundrels and customs men come to mind (or dodgy clergy) :-O
All the best - Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

User avatar
fred
Posts: 7929
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 1302 times
Been thanked: 4062 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by fred » Thu May 17, 2018 6:45 am

Me and my boy wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:36 pm
Just got a message from the lady, she found then tangled in her running top label at her house.
Well chuffed for her.
And again thanks Fred for the offer.
By the way she has a 2 acre paddock in a local village to us with a footpath and supposed lost underground passage to the church.
She offered me to try it in the past but I’ve never done it or has anyone else that she knows.
You are welcome to come and try it with me if you like
That sounds just like the opportunity we've been looking for. I'll pm you. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Macroman
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:27 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Quick help needed.

Post by Macroman » Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 am

Great results..glad t hear all's now well...good hunting.. ::g

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”