Curious object ... warning gratuitous scenes of rust

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Rhumours

Curious object ... warning gratuitous scenes of rust

Post by Rhumours » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:19 pm

I don't have a scooby. Initially it was a rusty lump that nearly went in the tubby. After cleaning I thought modern belt .... buckle type thing. And after cleaning more it had a pattern on both sides. Some kind of lozenge affair on one side and a radiate star on the other.

All I can say about where it was found is that big hand made nails came out near it a foot or so away same depth. It's also quite heavy .... 25 grammes and on one side it had a little hole.

Any help ... pity ..... cash ... will be gratefully spent on therapy ::g
2018-04-26 16.56.15.jpg
2018-04-26 16.58.35.jpg
2018-04-26 16.57.06.jpg
2018-04-26 17.15.06.jpg
Many Thanks

Edit: LMAO and no it isn't what I just thought it was .... a paint brush holding bracket missing it's bristles and wooden bit lol. Though it really did look like it as I walked past it. And I would have thrown myself in a tubby then =))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rhumours on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Garret AT Pro ~ Garret Carrot ~ Piranha 35 ~ rather nice wellies ~ registered NCMD member.

Steve_T

Re: Curious object ... warning gratuitous scenes of rust

Post by Steve_T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:32 pm

I suspect that's a housing for two wheels that run on a track for a sliding door

That's my first impression of seeing it, could be right could be wrong?

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstein

Rhumours

Post by Rhumours » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Steve_T wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:32 pm
I suspect that's a housing for two wheels that run on a track for a sliding door

That's my first impression of seeing it, could be right could be wrong?

Regards Steve
I can't visualise that I'm sorry Steve ... trying to imagine wheels on it and how that would work ..... would it have a pattern on it. If it helps the 2nd picture down on the left is a scollop ... but that is just where the rust gave up. It should be solid there too.
Garret AT Pro ~ Garret Carrot ~ Piranha 35 ~ rather nice wellies ~ registered NCMD member.

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Something like this is how i see it, i may be visualizing it wrong but here's a quick sketch

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstein

Rhumours

Post by Rhumours » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Steve_T wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 pm
Something like this is how i see it, i may be visualizing it wrong but here's a quick sketch

Regards Steve
I totally get it now ... very clear drawing .... however now I know it isn't that lol. Which makes me feel.bad you drew it.

There wouldn't be any way for the wheels to be reaches by the runner as it's a .... Square tube with the only upening at either end. I know exactly what you mean. And it's too small to house wheels ... and a bracket and a runner. And the hole in your diagram to suspend the door from via a rod is tiny :(

The gap within is pretty much down to the metal ... at best it's 3mm wide I'd guess.

And the adjustable bar idea is a maybe. Again the hole would be a grub screw for locking in that case and would be very very small. Have to be last week modern for one of those Alan key grubs crew to fit it. Even then not sure it's big enough. But .... I can't rule that one out.

I think the pattern and equal dimensions on both sides means it was to be viewed from either side. Just can't think what it could originate from.

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:10 pm

It was worth a punt, a picture saves a thousand words, no drama to do

regards Steve

Albert Einstein

Return to “Identification of Finds”