2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Post Reply
User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi folks I was out today with the makro racer on 2 tone on a new permission, my pinpointing on detector hasn't been working but iv been reluctant 2 send it back yet as it aquired this site which has loads of potential anyway these 2 coins popped up near each other and the harp peg any id appreciated thanks in advance les
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 23568
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by Allectus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm

A class 3 Henry III long-cross penny, moneyer Nicole - London & a heavily clipped Henry VI annulet issue halfgroat - Calais. ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Allectus wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm
A class 3 Henry III long-cross penny, moneyer Nicole - London & a heavily clipped Henry VI annulet issue halfgroat - Calais. ::g

A ;)
CheeCheers mrA ::g

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2408 times
Been thanked: 1334 times
Contact:

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by Lowland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Allectus wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm
A class 3 Henry III long-cross penny, moneyer Nicole - London & a heavily clipped Henry VI annulet issue halfgroat - Calais. ::g

A ;)
Hi les
Heavily clipped alright!
Cheers
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 7065
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1213 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello 'Les-27' ::g Your 'Harp Tuning Peg' is an interesting and uncommon find. Certainly not something I've seen as a detector 'find'. As far as the faulty 'pinpoint' facility on your Racer is concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it although any failing in a machine should not be ignored.

My personal view is that they are an unnecessary feature on a detector as eye and ear coordination are best suited to provide accurate target location. I do however, concede, my hand-held pin-pointer is now a frequent and essential companion due the combination of increased detector sensitivity over recent years and the possibility of failing eyesight ;;z

All the best for your future searches, you seem to have a very 'interesting' site! ::g
Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Raymond
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by Raymond » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Well done ::g

User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm
Hello 'Les-27' ::g Your 'Harp Tuning Peg' is an interesting and uncommon find. Certainly not something I've seen as a detector 'find'. As far as the faulty 'pinpoint' facility on your Racer is concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it although any failing in a machine should not be ignored.

My personal view is that they are an unnecessary feature on a detector as eye and ear coordination are best suited to provide accurate target location. I do however, concede, my hand-held pin-pointer is now a frequent and essential companion due the combination of increased detector sensitivity over recent years and the possibility of failing eyesight ;;z

All the best for your future searches, you seem to have a very 'interesting' site! ::g
Regards ss47
Cheers sweepstick. The harp has been the symbol of ireland for 1000s of yrs iv been told mine could be 12th century. Apparently queen lizzie 1st even banned the playing of irish harps

sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 7065
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1213 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm

I can't help thinking ElizabethI must have had a 'monk' on! 8-| The Irish 'Celtic' harp is a fantastic sounding instrument and I've been told, its especially difficult to master. I recently attended a harp concert featuring the Internationally renown Irish harpist Maire Chathasaigh accompanied by Chris Newman (guitar), it was an exceptional but I digress.

So, are you moved sufficiently to now search for the rest of the instrument.....? :D

Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm
I can't help thinking ElizabethI must have had a 'monk' on! 8-| The Irish 'Celtic' harp is a fantastic sounding instrument and I've been told, its especially difficult to master. I recently attended a harp concert featuring the Internationally renown Irish harpist Maire Chathasaigh accompanied by Chris Newman (guitar), it was an exceptional but I digress.

So, are you moved sufficiently to now search for the rest of the instrument.....? :D

Regards ss47
If more of the harp turns up happy days lol. I'm going to swamp the site for a few days as the crop will be 2 big soon

User avatar
fred
Posts: 6044
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 727 times
Been thanked: 2429 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by fred » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

I struggle to believe that anybody would clip a silver penny by cutting straight bits off of it. Did they realy think that nobody would notice? :D Anyway nice coins. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm
I struggle to believe that anybody would clip a silver penny by cutting straight bits off of it. Did they realy think that nobody would notice? :D Anyway nice coins. ::g
Apparently it's o'reilly money fred https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/2016/03 ... 1447-1459/

User avatar
fred
Posts: 6044
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 727 times
Been thanked: 2429 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by fred » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm

les-27 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm
fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm
I struggle to believe that anybody would clip a silver penny by cutting straight bits off of it. Did they realy think that nobody would notice? :D Anyway nice coins. ::g
Apparently it's o'reilly money fred https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/2016/03 ... 1447-1459/
Ok. Never seen one like that before. What I did see and enjoyed was your article in Searcher! ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

User avatar
les-27
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: fermanagh northern ireland
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by les-27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm
les-27 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm
fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm
I struggle to believe that anybody would clip a silver penny by cutting straight bits off of it. Did they realy think that nobody would notice? :D Anyway nice coins. ::g
Apparently it's o'reilly money fred https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/2016/03 ... 1447-1459/
Ok. Never seen one like that before. What I did see and enjoyed was your article in Searcher! ::g
Cheers fred , I'm hoping makro notice the publicity lol maybe give me good discount on a kruzer :D :)) =))

zippy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by zippy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Great Finds ::g

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2408 times
Been thanked: 1334 times
Contact:

Re: 2 hammys and a harp peg for id

Post by Lowland » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 am

les-27 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm
fred wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm
I struggle to believe that anybody would clip a silver penny by cutting straight bits off of it. Did they realy think that nobody would notice? :D Anyway nice coins. ::g
Apparently it's o'reilly money fred https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/2016/03 ... 1447-1459/
Good link...more info for the memory bank
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds”