Lead but unsure what it is

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Doolittle

Lead but unsure what it is

Post by Doolittle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Hello
I have found these in a ploughed field but a long while ago.(the 2 lead looking coins)
I'm placing on here as iv not long joined and always been unsure what there are and hoping someone does and would be kinda enough to tell me.

I'm doolittle and have been detecting for 5 years now and iv never shared my finds apart from the land owner.
I started with the cs440xd now using the 6mxi.

I have lots of finds to share best find is my gold roman stater but not great condition that I have placed in my photos.

I'm hoping to make detecting friends and share finds as I'm so intrested in this history of lost items.

Many thanks doolittle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allectus

Re: Lead but unsure what it is

Post by Allectus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Never mind the lead tokens! x; You've got a uniface, Gallic-War stater there! ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

Doolittle

Post by Doolittle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello thanks for reply!
So there tokens? Any idea how old?

So what is the roman uniface?
Age? Value?
I struggle to find anything roman apart from the 2 silvers I found resently.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Allectus wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:44 pm
Never mind the lead tokens! x; You've got a uniface, Gallic-War stater there! ::g

A ;)
Well.... a gold plated one.

A ;)

Doolittle

Post by Doolittle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Did wonder when I found it as not in great condition so was a bit baffled as I thought it was solid gold.
Was a nice find and was only a inch under ground.

Many thanks doolittle

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Hello Doolittle, Welcome aboard the MDF ::g Your stater is a cracking example and you would do well to return to the find site and carry out more detailed searching, you have an interesting search site.
Your local FLO will be very interested to see the stater. Providing as much information in the text and by photo's is essential to obtaining a full and accurate ID and with this in mind, please refer to the link provided for details.
Here

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us on the forum. ::g Regards - ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Doolittle

Post by Doolittle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Hello and thank you!
I'm finding this site very interesting not had time to look right through it all yet.
Sorry bout not giving details and poor photos had trouble with size took my hours to actually get this far.
I'm Extreamly interested in meeting somone with my finds as they could prob tell me alot more then I know.
Iv kept everything iv found in 5 years I show land owner when I come across anything of great interest.
I'm the only detectorist on his land and have 3thousand acres of it but unfortunately I only get a few rainy days here and there to commit to this hobbies due to work and being a dad.
Now that winter here being best time for it I shall commit alot more again.

Hoping this site will help and possibly find a close member to share good times hunting and getting good beeps.
Il see how it goes!
Many thanks doolittle

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Doolittle wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm
Hello and thank you!
I'm finding this site very interesting not had time to look right through it all yet.
Sorry bout not giving details and poor photos had trouble with size took my hours to actually get this far.
I'm Extreamly interested in meeting somone with my finds as they could prob tell me alot more then I know.
Iv kept everything iv found in 5 years I show land owner when I come across anything of great interest.
I'm the only detectorist on his land and have 3thousand acres of it but unfortunately I only get a few rainy days here and there to commit to this hobbies due to work and being a dad.
Now that winter here being best time for it I shall commit alot more again.

Hoping this site will help and possibly find a close member to share good times hunting and getting good beeps.
Il see how it goes!
Many thanks doolittle

Give me a shout if you need help trying to find more Staters. :D ::g

A ;)

Return to “Identification of Finds”