ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Viccie disc & broken bling

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT

Before creating an ID request please note you must:
1. include at least 2 photos of the item, both sides of a coin, or two angles of other items.
2. Include a ruler or other form of scale that clearly displays the scale in cm or inches. A coin or written dimensions is not acceptable.

Further information will also help, full guidance is below:
H - Have at least two good sized clear photos.
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler.
M - Machine used and settings are interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.
Bootneck45RM

Viccie disc & broken bling

Post by Bootneck45RM »

Hi all,
In amongst a host of other recognisable finds were two little pieces I wasn't sure about.
I was on pasture and in 3 tone mode with the m.m.k. when I received one of those double rings (as if you've come across a coin on its edge) first to come out was the little coin/disc, then checking the hole the tiny gilt piece with glass insert (fractured) was located.
Both were within inches of each other but at differing depths.
I could see that the disc was toasted on one side whilst the front was Victoria with a date of 1891 or 1897, the only part word I could see was "commemorative" so am presuming its a disc that may have been worn on a neck or wrist ((because of the small section missing that may have been a loop).
Could anyone comment on its I.D. please.
Also does anyone think the gilt piece is a fob watch winder or similar.
The glass is fractured on the reverse and the inner section has been contaminated.
Any comments on I.D.s would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Len
20191108_140813.jpg
20191108_135211.jpg
20191108_135238.jpg
20191108_135617.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”