ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Fancy a challenge? - I have no idea.

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT

Before creating an ID request please note you must:
1. include at least 2 photos of the item, both sides of a coin, or two angles of other items.
2. Include a ruler or other form of scale that clearly displays the scale in cm or inches. A coin or written dimensions is not acceptable.

Further information will also help, full guidance is below:
H - Have at least two good sized clear photos.
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler.
M - Machine used and settings are interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.
TheAndyA

Fancy a challenge? - I have no idea.

Post by TheAndyA »

I found this today on a new permission and it was from what is now a grass Paddock. The land is up on the hills and the soil is quite sandy and there's a lot of stones under the earth.

I was using the Equinox in Field 2 and this gave a 19 - 21 signal. The item for 4 or 5 inches deep .

After detecting and then chatting with the land owner, I was told that some time ago a de-stonening machine had been over the land. I wish I'd known that sooner.

The 'thing' has a fair bit of weight to it. There used to be a Roman settlement around 1/2 a mile away (I'm not suggesting that this is Roman, but thought it worth mentioning). The only other finds of note from the day are a George II Farthing from an adjoining field and what may be a Medieval - Post Medieval Dress Hook.

Thanks for having a look. ::g

Image20191201_170813 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

Image20191201_170755 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

Image20191201_153919 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

Image20191201_170516 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

Image20191201_170615 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

Image20191201_170750 by Terra Englandia, on Flickr

www.youtube.com/c/terraenglandia
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”