two for ID one for confirmation please

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT - BEFORE CREATING A ID REQUEST, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....

H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
roamingrob

two for ID one for confirmation please

Post by roamingrob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi all, I was out yesterday morning (the first trip out for a while due to weather) It was a cold start with a heavy frost. But I had my thermals on along with a flask of hot drink. This was my last visit to this farm which has produced some of my best finds over the past two years. So I wanted to try my xp deus in the Hot mode using a low frequency between 4-8 looking for a bit more depth. I had 3 horse buckles and then a small coin at 8” which still needs cleaning. Then I hit a nice big silver south American coin 1936 in good condition. A couple of toasted coins and flat buttons next. Then two not too sure on one’s. The first is a hook type item with some decoration ? and the other no idea. The last find of the day was a large trade weight and once cleaned I could make out a “C” with crown above a dagger centre top with an A to the right sorry can not remember the correct terms for these marks there are other stamp marks but can not make them out expect it’s a makers mark. Is this Charles I or II ? suggestions and comments most welcome. All found with my XP Deus using the Hot mode all found on pasture which has an old track way and paths going back to Roman
ID on the Hook 7” deep. ID on unknown item 5”deep. Trade weight 10” deep.
Thanks Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

roamingrob

Re: two for ID one for confirmation please

Post by roamingrob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Forgot to mention. The weight has a hole in the centre which has been filled with lead.
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:16 pm

I hope that's only the last visit for this year Rob. ::g The weight is very similar to some I have which are marked Geo lll.

Following an annual official check-weight, the lead is re-stamped to record it's last inspection/verification date. In more recent times, this was done by the 'weights and measures' department of the local council, now referred to as 'Trading Standards' ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, and thanks for the information. First off its the largest one I have had its weight is 58g so close to 2 oz and 40mm across.I have had a few in my detecting time From Elizabeth I to Victorian.. I have been looking at the Colchester M.D web site they have a Charles Crown C cipher. I was wondering if C under the crown could have stood for anyone else ...?

As for the farm Its me that's called time on this, as I am following a track way that has produced Roman on wards over the years. I am a very lucky and blessed person that has got a few permissions
And this current land owner has other farms some 3 miles further up this track. if I have the research correct on the track it could bring the historical documentation to life with finds.(I love playing a hunch) The farm I am leaving had never been detected before So I hope others will be able follow.
::g Rob
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:16 pm
I hope that's only the last visit for this year Rob. ::g The weight is very similar to some I have which are marked Geo lll.

Following an annual official check-weight, the lead is re-stamped to record it's last inspection/verification date. In more recent times, this was done by the 'weights and measures' department of the local council, now referred to as 'Trading Standards' ::g Regards ss47
That may explain the other stamp marks on the weight ::g
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 pm

roamingrob wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Hi, and thanks for the information. First off its the largest one I have had its weight is 58g so close to 2 oz and 40mm across.I have had a few in my detecting time From Elizabeth I to Victorian.. I have been looking at the Colchester M.D web site they have a Charles Crown C cipher. I was wondering if C under the crown could have stood for anyone else ...?

As for the farm Its me that's called time on this, as I am following a track way that has produced Roman on wards over the years. I am a very lucky and blessed person that has got a few permissions
And this current land owner has other farms some 3 miles further up this track. if I have the research correct on the track it could bring the historical documentation to life with finds.(I love playing a hunch) The farm I am leaving had never been detected before So I hope others will be able follow. ::g Rob
Good to hear that Rob ::g Good Luck with your three mile 'swing and hunch' ::g Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks mate. Anyone any ideas on the two items
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”