Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Post Reply
stubble hunter
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by stubble hunter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Image

This was one of the many hammered coins that came up from our very successful club dig yesterday.
This appears to be foreign and the silver looks very suspect.
Ideas anyone
Many thanks
John
XP DEUS - V3.2 (11" coil).
Settings: GMP, manual, 18khz


[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 21201
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by Allectus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Edward III Aquitaine Sterling. ::g

A ;)

busterhamer
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am
Location: Leyland
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by busterhamer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm

It is a silver, Anglo-Gallic sterling penny of Edward III as Duke of Aquitaine AD 1327-62. Crowned bust 3/4 left with lion below. Reverse cross with crowns in the angles. Spink 8047... ::g ::g ::g
Image

stubble hunter
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by stubble hunter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Many thanks Allectus and Busterhammy for ID ! ::g ::g ::g
Cheers !
John
XP DEUS - V3.2 (11" coil).
Settings: GMP, manual, 18khz


[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

harry
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by harry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

busterhamer wrote:It is a silver, Anglo-Gallic sterling penny of Edward III as Duke of Aquitaine AD 1327-62. Crowned bust 3/4 left with lion below. Reverse cross with crowns in the angles. Spink 8047... ::g ::g ::g
word for word from an id on another forum.....questionable plagiarism?....credit where credit is due surely???........hhmmmm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john Colin
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: SW Devon
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by john Colin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:50 pm

harry wrote:
busterhamer wrote:It is a silver, Anglo-Gallic sterling penny of Edward III as Duke of Aquitaine AD 1327-62. Crowned bust 3/4 left with lion below. Reverse cross with crowns in the angles. Spink 8047... ::g ::g ::g
word for word from an id on another forum.....questionable plagiarism?....credit where credit is due surely???........hhmmmm.
Depends if you are just trying to help or want to look good,
I see it as just trying to help
JC

harry
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by harry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 pm

john Colin wrote:
harry wrote:
busterhamer wrote:It is a silver, Anglo-Gallic sterling penny of Edward III as Duke of Aquitaine AD 1327-62. Crowned bust 3/4 left with lion below. Reverse cross with crowns in the angles. Spink 8047... ::g ::g ::g
word for word from an id on another forum.....questionable plagiarism?....credit where credit is due surely???........hhmmmm.
Depends if you are just trying to help or want to look good,
I see it as just trying to help
JC
cant prove it but does look iffy.........just my opinion. nice id buster.

busterhamer
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am
Location: Leyland
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by busterhamer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Just trying to help guys, and of course the race to beat Tony is always fun....missed it by a few seconds. ;) ;) ::g
Image

harry
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by harry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:17 am

incidentally, the person that busterhammer got his ID from is called Tom Redmayne, i will give credit where credit is due. ::g

User avatar
littleboot
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Normandy (the cider and cheese area)
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by littleboot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Good grief 'harry' this is an internet forum not War and Peace. We ALL get our info from Google, other sites, references etc. Be it PAS or other databases or books online. Its all about sharing info surely? Hate this sort of nit-picking.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

harry
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Foregin (?) hammy for ID

Post by harry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 am

not nit picking, i just dont like it when credit is not given thats all.

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds”