Lead artefact for ID please

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Giz

Lead artefact for ID please

Post by Giz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi all, spent an enjoyable evening detecting hardly a breathe of wind, signals were hard to come by in fact I doubt I could find the Eiffel Tower :D finds wise only this, made of lead and has a diameter of 15mm and is 6mm wide, I can't make out what is written on either side. Using my trusty Deus fast programme. I look forward to your thoughts and thanks for looking. ::g

XP Deus, Sovereign GT, Explorer XS, Garrett pro pointer, Grey ghost headphones, Lesche digging tool, plastic sand scoop.

Harry Digger

Re: Lead artefact for ID please

Post by Harry Digger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

It's a lead bag seal of some sort ::g
Roy Everett ‏@RoyEverett 1h
I'm outside Old Trafford and there's a guy burning small effigies of Rooney and selling them to fans. Oh, hang on. It's a baked potato stand.

WVAM

Post by WVAM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

I've bounced your post to Stuart Elton (all things seals). I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Chris

StuE

Post by StuE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi Giz - interesting bag seal - could I have the full size image, as it comes from your camera please (then I can enlarge it with full definition). Will probably be able to make out the letters then. Send images to stuarteltonstuartelton@gmail.com please
All you want to know about cloth seals :) :- http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Identification of Finds”