Is this a pimple button

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
oldartefact

Is this a pimple button

Post by oldartefact » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:05 pm

I found this a couple of months ago ... it didnt pass the silver smell test, and I assumed it was fairly modern.. but looking at recent posts on similar items I am thinking it may have some age, and may even be treasure??
Any info would be very welcome,,, as usual for me it was found using Deus Fast on ploughed land in Yorkshire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

sweepstick47

Re: Is this a pimple button

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello 'oldartefact' - I've got a couple of what I considered to be 'pimple' buttons somewhere - (not fully unpacked yet). Mine have a more pronounced 'pimple' to the centre of the dome and are otherwise plain. The composition of my examples if I recall correctly, is Pewter. I've never attempted to specifically date them.

You may get a more detailed answer with close-up pics to show the detail. Cheers ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 pm
Hello 'oldartefact' - I've got a couple of what I considered to be 'pimple' buttons somewhere - (not fully unpacked yet). Mine have a more pronounced 'pimple' to the centre of the dome and are otherwise plain. The composition of my examples if I recall correctly, is Pewter. I've never attempted to specifically date them.

You may get a more detailed answer with close-up pics to show the detail. Cheers ss47
Danes seem to like silver ones on the costume in the early 1900

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=102 ... LTDSnAIRAE

Fiddly to do up fingers. Should date to the time of button hooks.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Koala wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm
sweepstick47 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Danes seem to like silver ones on the costume in the early 1900

Fiddly to do up fingers. Should date to the time of button hooks.
Button-hooks were still in use in the late 1950s for shoes/boots and dress gloves.
I remember having to use them to fasten the small round buttoned strap on my best school sandals! All the best - Regardsss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Return to “Identification of Finds”