ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

3 Hammered yesterday one being a beautiful Edward III Groat

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
muddy mick

3 Hammered yesterday one being a beautiful Edward III Groat

Post by muddy mick »

Fed up with all the doom and gloom i Went out isolating yesterday, sorry i meant detecting lol went back to where i found the Alexander III last week, and gridded the area for the best part of a hour and a half, and lead lead and more lead, getting fed up i moved away and found the Edward II Penny, class, 11a so im informed,
A hour later i found the broken hammered which is Henry III Possibly, the whats looks like BLO on the rev is stumping me,
I then went to find a stopcock in a garden at the side of the field after a resident asked for my help in locating it, after a lot of messing i found it, he was adamant he wanted to reward me, but i was having none of it, even thinking i might get rewarded later on for my good deed :D
Hee hee a couple of hours later after a stella and lunch, i went to a different area of the field where my mate found 2 hammered last week, i dont normally detect this part of the field as its never really produced in the past, how wrong i was, about 3 oclock i got a cracking signal and BOOM , A Groat, it was blacker than the ace of spades and very crudded, so went back to the motor after a hour or so and gave it a gentle wash, then saw the EBORACI York mint, i was buzzing, quick look in my Spinks looked like Edward III
Getting home i managed to remove the crud, to reveal this beauty, Since confirmed as Edward III pre treaty series E Spink 1572, all found with my trusty whites V3 ten years old and still pulling the goodies up, over the moon with the groat, fantastic day out :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”