1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Ello
Here’s a group of some of the bits salvaged at the weekend
By me and a pal.....
I’m hoping that the three lions 1966 shilling is an omen!
(Was born in durham :D )
The threepence brooch is a pewter type alloy-bang on the same design
As
A viccy era threepence-only thing. Missing is a date on it.

Two livery buttons that I can’t get a family on-from livery buttons identified-after that
I’m lost with family crests....
The swan one has some close but the wings are different.
The other one is an arm erect holding a turkey basting tray or maybe a mirror?

Area of recovery was a dust bowl with lots of relentless tins
chopped up into nice bits.
Machinery used was a GMP with superb nel bin lid coil
And a to the moon and back mega machine Garrett 400.
All finds pretty shallow-many signals sounded corrupted I.e splutters -the ground has been fluffed up
By machine with lots of air pockets and is as dry as a bone
::g
Sorry about the light in the pictures-it’s overcast and drizzling here
-=+:-P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

Dave The Slave
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm
Has thanked: 1342 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Some good pieces there.
Three lions on your coin,
Jules Rimet still gleaming.
If it had been a Groat, that would have been a worry as it may have read Croat :-SS .
Cheers ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Dave The Slave wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:39 pm
Some good pieces there.
Three lions on your coin,
Jules Rimet still gleaming.
If it had been a Groat, that would have been a worry as it may have read Croat :-SS .
Cheers ::g
Dave.
A groat would’ve been nice mind!
Cheers Dave
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
knotalot
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:27 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by knotalot » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:11 pm

similar :-/ https://www.myfamilysilver.com/pages/cr ... name=Guest
::g
edit-Hope that is not a tennis racket that hand is holding ;;z omen :-/

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi knotslot
I would say identical...
So probably
The Guest family crest—
Excellent.....
There was an old curling pond in the vicinity.
Thank you
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
SuperRed
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 1172 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by SuperRed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Nice selection there LL - we can only hope re the lions! ::g
Brad

Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b
A stick with a plastic ring at one end and an eternal optimist at the other!

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:44 pm

knotalot wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:11 pm
similar :-/ https://www.myfamilysilver.com/pages/cr ... name=Guest
::g
edit-Hope that is not a tennis racket that hand is holding ;;z omen :-/
Bloomin’ tennis-great to watch when attending a game-
Not for me on the telly...
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

SuperRed wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm
Nice selection there LL - we can only hope re the lions! ::g
Should make the final superRed....
:-SS
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

Spearhead
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Spearhead » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm

The 1966 shilling is surely an omen Lowland. Coming from the beautiful soil of Scotland this coin is support from a direction that could not have been predicted. ;)

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Spearhead wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm
The 1966 shilling is surely an omen Lowland. Coming from the beautiful soil of Scotland this coin is support from a direction that could not have been predicted. ;)
It’s all good spearhead I like the spirit this current squad have...
They have their best games ahead of them
I’m sure.
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
fred
Posts: 5887
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 714 times
Been thanked: 2302 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by fred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Well done. The threepence thing looks like it's either a tie pin or a hat pin. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm

fred wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Well done. The threepence thing looks like it's either a tie pin or a hat pin. ::g
Hey Fred
I had seen some genuine coin hat pins and the like
On a general google rummag...seems odd to have made one out of pewter?
Cheaper I guess...
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
dig-dog
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by dig-dog » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Perhaps the livery button belongs to this distinguished gentleman
https://youtu.be/CNLLT00AFU4

DD :))
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:43 pm

dig-dog wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 pm
Perhaps the livery button belongs to this distinguished gentleman
https://youtu.be/CNLLT00AFU4

DD :))
Flipping awesome...might borrow that routine for Christmas dinner this year
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 1974 times
Been thanked: 1758 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Hold on you have rain? RAIN? I dream of rain :-L

Nice finds ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

User avatar
fred
Posts: 5887
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 714 times
Been thanked: 2302 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by fred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Lowland wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm
fred wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Well done. The threepence thing looks like it's either a tie pin or a hat pin. ::g
Hey Fred
I had seen some genuine coin hat pins and the like
On a general google rummag...seems odd to have made one out of pewter?
Cheaper I guess...
::g
Where did you say that you found it? :D
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:05 am

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Hold on you have rain? RAIN? I dream of rain :-L

Nice finds ::g
Drizzle...till munchtime
Then back to sunshine
Kids were out rolling on the grass
Me bonsais looked happy too
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:06 am

fred wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 pm
Lowland wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm
fred wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Well done. The threepence thing looks like it's either a tie pin or a hat pin. ::g
Hey Fred
I had seen some genuine coin hat pins and the like
On a general google rummag...seems odd to have made one out of pewter?
Cheaper I guess...
::g
Where did you say that you found it? :D
Naughty
Good observation though :D
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

User avatar
roamingrob
Posts: 3127
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 am
Location: Derbyshire
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by roamingrob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 am

Some nice finds there mate, love the 3d item. As for the shilling l guess it will be "coming home " with you ;)) just like it will be for our lads in Russia.
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1235 times
Contact:

Re: 1966 shilling-an omen? Also pewter 3d(pence)brooch and arm holding oven tray livery button

Post by Lowland » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 am

roamingrob wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 am
Some nice finds there mate, love the 3d item. As for the shilling l guess it will be "coming home " with you ;)) just like it will be for our lads in Russia.
Cheers!
Bit gutted the 3d is so munched...
As for the 1966 shilling,I’ve got everything crossed.
The team have a real chance to do something really special
Can’t wait
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

Post Reply

Return to “Finds - Stories”