Faith restored with the Nox (couple for ID also..)

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Jamesy636

Faith restored with the Nox (couple for ID also..)

Post by Jamesy636 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Having recently posted about how I was struggling with my Equinox 600:
( viewtopic.php?f=291&t=101725 )

I returned to the same property today for a final hour before it is sold tomorrow. I gave the Nox another go and it produced plenty! Bizarrely my best find was the very last signal, AND it was a hole that I had previously dug on Monday. Banging signal, put the spade in and the old plug flopped over, meaning I pinpointed some other junk in the hole last time and missed the better target! (Lesson learned there)
It was a 1766 Irish half penny, with harp and words "Hibernia" think George III?
Also produced a couple of mint young head Viccy penny and half pennies to 1861 and my first half crown (big old thing that was) couple of old pound coins (that brings me up to 10 old 'uns to change at the bank!)
I found some kind of flattened clip with patterned engravings and what looks like a very old fragment. (Any suggestions appreciated)
Also old pottery fragment and I believe old glass.

Apologies for lack of scale and poor pics, hopefully you can see from the other bits and bobs.

All in all very happy, and certainly continuing to press on with the Nox :))

Cheers

Jim
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bargeman

Re: Faith restored with the Nox (couple for ID also..)

Post by Bargeman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Well done on the G3 Hibernian, and well done on persevering with the Nox ::g

BM [:)
Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

fred

Post by fred » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Well done, the Irish halfpenny is a nice one. ::g A real shame that the site is over (though you probably already knew that :D ).
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Lovely finds, well done!
Probably best to do a proper ID request for the finds and do include all the correct info, including a suitable scale or part of a modern coin. Always best to not have to apologise for lack of info and just get it all included! Thanks for sharing, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Item at top of 1st pic looks like a money clip and is probably silver. Very well done. You had some nice finds.
Good to see your faith is restored. I yet have to do the same after trying 2 new fields. I think they had a scrap yard in each one x;

Jamesy636

Post by Jamesy636 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks guys, fair point Liam, I must get better. I just get too excited and have to upload content..

Just done a bit of research, I think the fragment in middle of top pic could be from a medieval hanging pot.
Not sure on the money clip, it was a continuos band without having a gap, only broke when I cleared mud from it. struggling to find one similar, thanks anyway ::g

Return to “Finds - Stories”