button or button`s

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
knotalot

button or button`s

Post by knotalot » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi all/ been back in my Shed/her garage today this time to sort out and tidy up some of my buttons
I have got most of them together, now all i have to do is some research and make as many as i can sound interesting so i get to keep them ::g
Here is one i picked out today and done some research on
button or buttons 005.jpg
The St Alphage Society was formed in 1738 under the direction of the Reverend J. Broughton, secretary of the Society for the Promotion of Christian Knowledge. A weekly evening lecture was supported from Society funds and in 1751 a school was opened to clothe and educate five (later increased to thirty) poor children. For many years the school was associated with the City of London First National Schools in White Street, Finsbury, but on the closure of these premises in 1879 an agreement was made for the education of 20 poor boys and 20 poor girls at the Aldersgate Ward School, then at 160 Aldersgate Street. The Society originally met in the vestry of St Alphage London Wall and subsequently at various locations across the City including (successively) Newgate Street, Cannon Street, Aldersgate Street and Little Britain. The Society disappears from trade directories in 1960.
And here are a few i have yet to do (:|
button or buttons 007.jpg
ps before anybody mentions " Shoddy" i suggest they read this excellent post by F8met on the subject viewtopic.php?t=100789 ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fred

Re: button or button`s

Post by fred » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:11 pm

That lot should while away those long winter nights, possibly for about the next 20 years or so! :D
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

chip

Post by chip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:30 pm

When you showed us your balls a few weeks ago you had my sympathy, but now I have seen your buttons I am starting to agree with your wife.

In fact the amount of time you must have spent detecting to find that lot I am surprised your wife even recognises you.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Saki

Post by Saki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Great research. And a "Bath" of buttons :)) ::g "Gonna need a bigger shed if this continues" ::g
Ace400i with Nel Thunder
Garrett Carrot
CScope CS2M
Wish list: MINELAB EQUINOX 800.

"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation."

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:17 am

Saki wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Great research. And a "Bath" of buttons :)) ::g "Gonna need a bigger shed if this continues" ::g
I think the point is that he’s losing his shed. He’s meant to be clearing it out.

It isn’t going well as you can tell -=+:-P
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 am

I've see coffee tables covered in dimes and old coins (instructions on youtube) and polished up....maybe you could do something similar with your buttons (at least the flat ones) That way you get to keep them, display them and use them. Perhaps some would also look good stuck on mdf and made into trivets and coasters?
I am currently making a mosaic using old pottery shards (mostly green and yellow glazed ware).
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

knotalot

Post by knotalot » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:40 pm

littleboot wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 am
I've see coffee tables covered in dimes and old coins (instructions on youtube) and polished up....maybe you could do something similar with your buttons (at least the flat ones) That way you get to keep them, display them and use them. Perhaps some would also look good stuck on mdf and made into trivets and coasters?
I am currently making a mosaic using old pottery shards (mostly green and yellow glazed ware).
Thanks for your post littleboot ::g but I am tempted to say you are talking a load of :-/ please view my other post viewtopic.php?f=121&t=101911
:)) :)) thanks again and good luck with your mosaic ::g

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”