Surprise Hammered coin today

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
kenleyboy

Surprise Hammered coin today

Post by kenleyboy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:02 pm

The weather today was favourable , mild but overcast so it was a good opportunity to get back out and about . It has been a few weeks since my last visit to the farm permission , what with work , the weather and that irritating annual stinker of a cold or otherwise known as "man flu " , an affliction not quite recognised by our other halves , it was time to get some space . With the four walls closing in and my failure to conjure up any sympathy it was decided that it would be best for me to get out of the house for a few hours .

A quick call to the Farmer and all was set and in a short space of time I was on my way , finally free to once again tread the wet fields in hope . Today was more about just easing myself back into it , expectations were not high , it was more of a leisurely stroll with a swing and the stiff breeze would certainly blow a few cobwebs away .

Q40 today with raptor coil , pinpointing is so much easier with this coil compared to the not so accurate Tornado coil when using my 250 and I didn't fancy digging big holes today . Sensitivity was notched up to 80 , jewellery mode and the volume eased down on my headphones due to a slight fuzzy head , all set to go ! On my way down to the Farm I drive past this wonderful rustic old farm building , it is an impressive structure left to its own accord and apparently dates back to 1760 .If only I had the money , unfortunately the only thing I can afford is to dream about it .
farm building.jpg

Once on the field and with a couple of much needed hours to spare I set off , not with high hopes , more of a gentler approach and dare I say methodical , low and slow I've been told many a times and I was doing just that . All was going well , couple of shotgun cartridges and some non descript bits of tin foil was soon mounting up in my trash bag , at least I was finding things ! I didn't mind to be honest , just very glad to be back out in the fresh air and have some sort of normality kicking in for a change .

I had a couple of buttons , one being a merchant Navy button so things were improving and then a surprise find which was well received Hammered coin which made me blink twice such was the shock of actually finding something decent , it was totally unexpected .I think possibly a Lizzie half groat , the face is completely worn so it is just a clod shot of the reverse .Happy chappy all the same .
hammered reverse.jpg
After that little windfall I was more than satisfied and could relax even further and just wander around aimlessly . I did have another fair decent find which unfortunately hasn't come out too well in the photograph : pendant today december.jpg

The rest of my efforts today , odds and sods but it was great to be back out again .
todays finds december .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

HolzHammer

Re: Surprise Hammered coin today

Post by HolzHammer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Nice one kenleyboy!

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Excellent kenleyboy - a bit of hammered silver is always a welcome sight :D
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

fred

Post by fred » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Well done! ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Always a good day when there’s plenty of signals to dig and a few identifiable bits come up. The hammie is the cherry on the top.
Well found Paul, more to come ::g

bryan162

Post by bryan162 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Well done on your finds

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”