New permission finds for 2019

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
kenleyboy

New permission finds for 2019

Post by kenleyboy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Not a bad start to the new year , a new permission which stems from the bottle digging on the Farm pit . The Landowner has given me 20 odd acres to play about on so I had a quick few hours this afternoon to get a feel for the place .It is rough ploughed at the moment with traces of stubble but according to the Landowner it has never been detected before , so fresh ground .
I took the Ace 250 with Tornado coil and had a wander but the temperature dropped about 3pm and it got bitterly cold . I suffered it for another half hour and despite having some decent neoprene gloves my old pinkies were painfully cold so I gave in .
All was not lost though and it was interesting to try out some new land just to see what it could produce in a couple of hours .
Lots of bits and bobs but shows some potential and to be fair I never covered a great deal of it .No coins but a squashed thimble with some nice decoration feels quite heavy for its size so I am guessing it is made from Pewter .
new permission pewter thimble.jpg
Next decent find was an engraved button with a copperplate style type which appears to read " L J C " . Despite the number of plain buttons along the way it is always nice to find decorative ones .The Button measures 32 mm diameter .
engraved button.jpg
Not sure about this one but looks to be possibly some sort of horse tack or bridle decoration , just a guess and no doubt completely wrong . It has six petals and appears to have some trace of red paint inside the petals and measures 15 mm diameter . Has a curved spike to the rear so tacked into place to secure it in position . maybe on a strip of leather .
tudor style button.jpg
Finally the tally of this afternoons efforts , quite pleased on all accounts .
new permission finds tuesday.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

fred

Re: New permission finds for 2019

Post by fred » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:34 pm

That looks as though you have a lot of clearing to do. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 pm

That reminds me of a 5 acre horse pasture I covered which was quite fun to do and had some good unexpected surprise finds. Enjoy! ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

kenleyboy

Post by kenleyboy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Easylife wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 pm
That reminds me of a 5 acre horse pasture I covered which was quite fun to do and had some good unexpected surprise finds. Enjoy! ::g
It will be interesting to see what it throws up over the coarse of time , but fun all the same .
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:31 pm

kenleyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 pm
Easylife wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 pm
It will be interesting to see what it throws up over the coarse of time , but fun all the same .
There will be coins, lead, likely some silver and possibly something better. My better bits were 1 hammy, 2 George I, a silver teaspoon, a Roman token, and a Georgian gold fob ring. So anything at all could turn up anywhere - best of luck. ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:54 pm

I think it looks like a very interesting permission. Its always fun to do a ‘lucky dip’ field - every signal could be anything from any era =))

Enjoy it ::g
XP Deus !!£$

Hammered silver 2019 - 3

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”