Trying to learn

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
stuartj

Trying to learn

Post by stuartj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Managed a couple of hours in a field used as a summer overflow carpark for our local wildlife park, as expected a few modern coin's and what I guess is an old sad iron? I'm sticking with pretty much digging every signal at the moment so I'm getting the inevitable rubbish (how on earth did a coke can end up a foot down in a field that hasn't been plowed in living memory?). Digging up £2.34 in modern coins may seem tame to you but for me it was wonderful!

XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

stuartj

Re: Trying to learn

Post by stuartj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:00 pm

stuartj wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:49 pm
Managed a couple of hours in a field used as a summer overflow carpark for our local wildlife park, as expected a few modern coin's and what I guess is an old sad iron? I'm sticking with pretty much digging every signal at the moment so I'm getting the inevitable rubbish (how on earth did a coke can end up a foot down in a field that hasn't been plowed in living memory?). Digging up £2.34 in modern coins may seem tame to you but for me it was wonderful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:04 pm

stuartj wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:49 pm
Hi Stu, It's a good idea to dig it all to get to understand the signals. I think many pasture fields were last ploughed more recently than we expect. Good result with the coins. It's more about enjoying the hunt rather than the size of the prize, though the bigger the better. :D ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

stuartj

Post by stuartj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 pm

One old button and one older coin, the field is only 100yds away from the ex-convent and that is supposed to be on the footprint of an older building and beside a road so finger's crossed it's a good place to cut my teeth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

stuartj

Post by stuartj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Thanks easylife, Ive known Ivor the granddad of the farmer all my life he's in his 80's and says it's never been plowed in his lifetime and he's fairly sure his Dad and granddad hadn't either! I'm so fresh to the hobby I'm even enjoying digging the iron.
XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:38 pm

stuartj wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 pm
Thanks easylife, Ive known Ivor the granddad of the farmer all my life he's in his 80's and says it's never been plowed in his lifetime and he's fairly sure his Dad and granddad hadn't either! I'm so fresh to the hobby I'm even enjoying digging the iron.
There is sometimes no good logic to how things get to where they are. I sometimes intentionally dig iron, not all iron is bad. Enjoy! ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”