ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Harold II "PAX" cut half

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
bazzerhut

Harold II "PAX" cut half

Post by bazzerhut »

At last, a nice little reward for my many hours of stumbling through the claggy mud over the last week or so - my first Harold II.
Harold_combined.jpg
This came up from a decent depth of around 6", in a field of heavy, clayey soil that was ploughed about a month ago but hasn't yet been rolled. With all the recent rain, it's settling down quite nicely now, although it's still quite lumpy and aerated.

Found with the Equinox 800: Field 1, Recovery 3, Iron Bias 1, Sensitivity 24.

It gave quite a faint but well-defined low-end signal, of the sort you'd get from a small scrap of lead. (Dig 'em all, guys.)

I believe the full inscription on the whole coin would have been +HAROLD REX ANGLO / +CINRIC ON NORÐP (moneyer Cinric, Norwich mint), with PAX across the centre of the reverse. (Very rare, apparently.)

I'm well chuffed.

Barry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Equinox 800 / XP Deus

"We have left undug those things which we ought to have dug; And we have dug those things which we ought not to have dug; And there is no wealth in us."

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”