ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Enameled Buckle

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
bryan162

Enameled Buckle

Post by bryan162 »

I have been detecting for 30 years now and you tend to come across things now and again a bit different, so it turned out on my last trip out. While out on Sunday I had a faint signal with a hint of iron (all the makings of a nice deep target), digging down what turned out to be 9 inches I came across this lovely buckle at a 45 degree angle. My immediate thought was it is heavily corroded showing a lot of verdigris, being it was one of those really sticky days (persistent drizzle, ploughed field and wheat stubble laying everywhere)it went straight into my finds pouch after recording. After cleaning on Tuesday the green verdigris turned out to be green enamel which for me is the first enameled buckle I have ever seen. Anybody else found one?
I also managed another first by pulling out the center section of a Medieval purse bar, all in all a very interesting session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”